What's new

Apple Pie & Custard

Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Achiever
been sitting tonight doing a bit of mixing and just finished a Apple kiwi & pineapple mix suggested by @Ment earlier in the week

Darkstar had accidentally sent me a bottle of apple pie by mistake which they told me to keep

My question is I have an apple pie concentrate and a custard sitting there
Could I mix both of these together without anything else for a simple juice or would I need to add something else to it ?
I also have some kiwi sitting so I also had the thought I could mix an apple pie kiwi & custard juice

Any advice would be great before I mix something that is destined not to work or missing something else from the start

been sitting tonight doing a bit of mixing and just finished a Apple kiwi & pineapple mix suggested by @Ment earlier in the week

Darkstar had accidentally sent me a bottle of apple pie by mistake which they told me to keep

My question is I have an apple pie concentrate and a custard sitting there
Could I mix both of these together without anything else for a simple juice or would I need to add something else to it ?
I also have some kiwi sitting so I also had the thought I could mix an apple pie kiwi & custard juice

Any advice would be great before I mix something that is destined not to work or missing something else from the start

You definitely could mix the two, but treat the apple pie like an enhancer or it will overpower the custard, something like 6 custard to 1 apple pie.

Some caramel or a tiny amount of cinnamon would help.

What percentages do you reckon then fella ? I will get some caramel ordered up tomorrow

What percentages do you reckon then fella ? I will get some caramel ordered up tomorrow

I've no idea!

Custards vary greatly, and people's tastes vary greatly, so whatever your sweet spot is with your custard. I use Capella and FA at 10% and CCW at 20%.

Unfortunately DIY is a solo journey most of the time as what works and taste good to others at a certain ratios will be too strong or too weak for others, its all about experimentation.
There's always one shots if recipes from scratch isnt your thing.

Dark arts are Flavour art rebranded so if you look up recipes and cant find Dark arts thats why. FA concentrates are very strong you shouldnt have to go past 4-5% (too strong for me) with any of their flavours i stick to 2-3% on most of them.
Making a 5-10ml test batch with 2,3,5% in and see how strong you want them.

I'd do something simple like.
Apple pie 2.5- 3%
Custard 3%
TFA cinnamon 0.5- 1%
TFA brown sugar 1%
Sweet cream 1%
Sweetner if needed (doubt it)
Leave it a week to let the cinnamon and custard settle.
If you want a more eggy tasting custard you want Cap V1 custard (has nasties in it diacetyl etc)
My personal fave but needs 3-6weeks imo.

You could always go on ELR ( google it) and search your flavours on there for the average mixing percentages or recipes.
Hope this helps in some way.

EDIT: Ive never used FA apple pie so maybe start @1% then add more if needed.

I find the FA vanilla custard is better than the custard. i like both, but they are quite different. You m got want to add some vanilla and something creamy to the custard, it’s more like what you would find in a french tart than in a tin out of asda.

I find the FA vanilla custard is better than the custard. i like both, but they are quite different. You m got want to add some vanilla and something creamy to the custard, it’s more like what you would find in a french tart than in a tin out of asda.
Yea more a pudding than a eggy custard, 3 day steep time is what i like about it.

Yea more a pudding than a eggy custard, 3 day steep time is what i like about it.

3 days for the vanilla custard? I usually leave it for a couple of weeks. Might try the next batch after 3 days. It’s really good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom