What's new

Apple Cinnamon and vanilla custard HELP

barnacuss

Initiate
hello wonder if anyone can help looking at making a apple cinnamon and vanilla custard the apple cinnamon already mixed and the vanilla custard is already mixed just wondered if any one could recommend what percent of each would be a good mix.

Your best bet would be to get a bottle larger than 10ml and make a 10 ml 50/50 mix, you can then incrementally add more of each flavour if need be until you reach your desired result, just remember to scribble down your ratio percentages as you go. If they are both steeped properly already you can just shake them together and keep going until you get something you're pleased with

Your best bet would be to get a bottle larger than 10ml and make a 10 ml 50/50 mix, you can then incrementally add more of each flavour if need be until you reach your desired result, just remember to scribble down your ratio percentages as you go. If they are both steeped properly already you can just shake them together and keep going until you get something you're pleased with
awsome thats a great idea thanks how long would suggest to steep ? sorry bit of a noob to DIY

I would normally give anything i make with custard in at least 4 weeks steeping time. There are ways to speed up this process, hot water bath, tumble dryer etc but i have never tried any of them

As a general rule of thumb, fruits and mints are 3-7 days, bakery type flavours around 4 -6 weeks but custards and complex desserts are more like 8 weeks + to bring out the best in them. As you get more into mixing you will learn to have a cycle going so everything gets the right amount of time before you use it so whilst it sounds like a long time for some flavours it won't be a hassle.
I usually have a good mixing session once a month and make 800 ml so at the moment I am mainly vaping juice I made in December.
There are exceptions though as some flavours will fade with time or mature in a way you don't want. A couple of examples are strawberry flavours which can fade quite quickly or Mexican fried ice cream (chefs flavours) which loses its complexity if left for too long

Back
Top Bottom