What's new

Add water or not ?

hilfiger

Postman
I have a Nicotine base 4mg. Its 80%VG and 20%PG.

I see some people add dissislted water to ejuice. My reciepe goes on 10 or 20% Flavour .

Should i add water or not ?

Whats the good things or bad things to add water ?

I use a Sub ohm tank Aspire Cletio and Vape at 40W.

Some people add water to thin the mixture, increase throat hit etc but if your mixes are ok as they are then unless you have a reason to add it then I wouldn't bother. A Cleito can handle 80/20 no problem.

Most punters add distilled water to the VG to thin it down a tad. The water is less likely to be an irritant to some or you might just prefer it to PG.

If your current solution is too strongly flavoured or to high in Nic, then by all means add some distilled water ( 4-5% max I think). if it is fine, then nae need.

I agree with @yappycat the only reason I would add distilled water to a mix is if the tank I want to use it for won't handle how thick the liquid is but with your tank I'd not bother [emoji3]

Sorry for reviving an old thread but its sort of related.

I've gone through 3 coils in one day in my isub. Come to the conclusion it must be my eliquid I have bought. It is the same vg/pg ratio as my usual stuff according to the website but I've got a feeling it may not be accurate.

I don't really want to name the company as its not a massive issue but if I buy some distilled water how much should I add?

A drop or 2 to the tank or so many ML of water to my bottles of eliquid?

Also where do you buy distilled water? I'm guessing we're not talking about volvic here haha

Being a new vaper with no DIY liquid experience, I don't know where these folks get it, but being into astronomy, I know you can order distilled water from your local pharmacy.

Definitely do NOT use De-Ionised water (used to top up car batteries or in steam irons), or Reverse Osmosis water (used in aquariums).

Only proper distilled water will do. If nobody else has any better answers, try the pharmacy.

Back
Top Bottom