What's new

50/50 ratio flavour limitations?

Same coil, same wattage it feels like the same amount of vapour to me.

It's just a different kind of vapour, PG is more smoke-like and clears quickly, VG is like dry ice and hangs around longer.

.... what was the question anyway?

It's just a different kind of vapour, PG is more smoke-like and clears quickly, VG is like dry ice and hangs around longer.

Yes, I agree with this.

With @Simon G.

PG carries flavours better than VG and VG adds a sweetness. PG adds more of a throat hit.

I've mixed a few liquids in both 50/50 form and 70/30. Find 50/50 requires less concentrate but doesn't carry menthol particularly well compared to VG (Bit subjective that last bit). VG heavy liquids require less sweetener but need more flavour concentrate as a general rule.

I don't really mix over 60/40 now which I find to be a happy spot as works well in my DTL gear aswell as my MTL gear.

I was talking about wether desert vapes lend better to DTL than MTL but backed away cos I wondered maybe the convo hadn't quite gone that way for everyone.

I was talking about wether desert vapes lend better to DTL than MTL but backed away cos I wondered maybe the convo hadn't quite gone that way for everyone.

It's an interesting idea, but I wouldn't say so, not generally speaking anyway .... 'dessert' is a wide range, from ice cream to spicy apple crumble though and depending on what you are talking about I suppose it might add to some kind of sensation that fits better? There's plenty of flavourings that 'taste' watery and lack any real body or texture, I think they would taste like that whatever the VG% was. ... and you can certainly make a rich, thick creamy custard taste in a 60% PG base.

I'd guess it would be just a psychological reaction to the vapour looking thicker, but if that works then that's part of the experience I guess. So I wouldn't dismiss it totally.

It's an interesting idea, but I wouldn't say so, not generally speaking anyway .... 'dessert' is a wide range, from ice cream to spicy apple crumble though and depending on what you are talking about I suppose it might add to some kind of sensation that fits better? There's plenty of flavourings that 'taste' watery and lack any real body or texture, I think they would taste like that whatever the VG% was. ... and you can certainly make a rich, thick creamy custard taste in a 60% PG base.

I'd guess it would be just a psychological reaction to the vapour looking thicker, but if that works then that's part of the experience I guess. So I wouldn't dismiss it totally.

I imagine it's the same as the myth about tobacco vapes being better suited for MTL devices. It's all just personal preference.

I imagine it's the same as the myth about tobacco vapes being better suited for MTL devices. It's all just personal preference.
You maybe right but if mtl imitates smoking there were never any DTL varieties of bensons released as far as i remember.

But then I don’t recall ever seeing custard biscuit flavoured fags. Or blue slushie candy floss.

But then I don’t recall ever seeing custard biscuit flavoured fags. Or blue slushie candy floss.
Since i was smoking they branched out from menthol to a popping type thing in the cigarette butt with different flavour types.

No biscuit or custard types though i wonder why :doh:

20190811_170006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom