What's new

1st time mixing help needed

Kingpo2000

Postman
1st time diy'ing, purely a money saving exercise as the only thing i seem to be able to vape without reaction is nictel icecurrant, but it's costing me a fortune. a helpful ape suggested the blackcurrant tunes boss shot from flavour boss. i have now got this and a base mix of 70/30 from dark star, just wondering if it is as simple as chucking the 49ml boss shot in to 451ml of base mix? i have koolada too in case it needs it, which it probably will and i am aware of the ratio to keep it very low if this happens.
i am not planning on using any nicotine to start with, as i am convinced this is what is making my throat react (not a harsh hit as such just feels like being pepper sprayed to the throat), on nearly every other juice i use, be it budget/medium range or the premium juices. i must be a sensitive soul :11:

anyway, if the mix sounds about right i'd appreciate any feedback.

cheers all

1st time diy'ing, purely a money saving exercise as the only thing i seem to be able to vape without reaction is nictel icecurrant, but it's costing me a fortune. a helpful ape suggested the blackcurrant tunes boss shot from flavour boss. i have now got this and a base mix of 70/30 from dark star, just wondering if it is as simple as chucking the 49ml boss shot in to 451ml of base mix? i have koolada too in case it needs it, which it probably will and i am aware of the ratio to keep it very low if this happens.
i am not planning on using any nicotine to start with, as i am convinced this is what is making my throat react (not a harsh hit as such just feels like being pepper sprayed to the throat), on nearly every other juice i use, be it budget/medium range or the premium juices. i must be a sensitive soul :11:

anyway, if the mix sounds about right i'd appreciate any feedback.

cheers all

So your making 0mg nic?
If so this is going to work out about 63:37 vg pg.
What ratio do you normally vape?
I normally mix to 70% vg minimum as i find pg harsh but if you normally vape 50/50 60/40 this should be fine.
Just be aware that if you make up the full 500ml, adding nic at a later stage will weaken the mix and coukd affect the flavour [emoji1303]

yes for 0mg nic.
going for 70/30 as thats what i normally vape, i figured a 70/30 base mix would make it 70/30, i guess the boss shot is more pg? how did you find that out?
and how would i get this 70/30 now? thanks for your help

yes for 0mg nic.
going for 70/30 as thats what i normally vape, i figured a 70/30 base mix would make it 70/30, i guess the boss shot is more pg? how did you find that out?
and how would i get this 70/30 now? thanks for your help

The base you have is 70/30 and the flavour is pg so its going to change the ratio.
Flavour is 49ml pg by adding 451ml of base your adding 315.7ml vg and 135.3ml pg.
Total 315.7ml vg - 184.3ml pg.
70/30 would be 350/150ml.

Base mix is a pain [emoji23] its much easier to buy pg and vg seperate. That way you would just need to add 101ml pg and 350ml vg.

Dont waste your base mix though you can just top it up with more vg.

If you add 335ml base mix and 116ml vg to the flavour you will get 70:30 [emoji1303]

boss shot said 70/30, and as base mix said 70/30 too i am now properly confused, i just figured using all 70/30 would get me a final product of 70/30!? i hope i am right but only one way to find out i guess.
however if it is way off then i will re adjust and use your quantities above. it is much appreciated

If your Boss Shot is 70/30 then you're right, @kirsteyj87 has assumed it's all PG.

It's as simple as putting the shot in a 500ml bottle and topping it up with your VG/PG base.

Im pretty sure that the 49ml flavour concentrate is pg and all of the boss shots come with a guideline to mix at 70/30 so thats why the boss shot says 70/30 on it.

If your Boss Shot is 70/30 then you're right, @kirsteyj87 has assumed it's all PG.

It's as simple as putting the shot in a 500ml bottle and topping it up with your VG/PG base.

I didnt assume, i know that the blackcurrant tunes boss shot flavour concentrate is 100% pg. So it isnt as simple as adding the base mix because he is not going to get the ratio he wants [emoji23][emoji23]

Dont suppose it will matter much unless he is sensitive to pg and its not my money being wasted, but i dont appreciate being made to look stupid!

Back
Top Bottom