What's new

12mg flavour concentrate

The first thing we need to know is what % flavouring you're going to use. From that, we can calculate how much 72mg nic you need to add.
well as a first attempt I thought I may go 12% somewhere in the middle of the suggested. When I buy the ready made liquid from Pink Spot I also go for 60vg 40pg as that's what they call their "standard" mix. I have VG nic and PG nic so could mix in either...thank you.

Its a bit tricky,

Not sure if this is right and assuming you want 50/50 blend to finish.

make a base blend of 8.5ml of 16.7mg nic at 40/60 PG/VG then add 1.5m of concentrate to make:

10ml of 16mg 50/50 ( virtually ) at 15%
to make 18mg juice make the same base blend but to 19mg.

To make with 10% concentrate your base blend needs to be 9ml of 16.5mg nic at 45/55 PG VG and then add 1ml of concentrate to get :

10ml of 16mg 50/50 at 10%
to make 18mg juice make the same base blend but to 18.65mg.

You are going to be within 0.05mg of your nic targets and give or take 5% on your VG/PG target.

I think.......
Thank you very much, I understand your calculations and that's very helpful, ideally I would like a 60vg/40pg but I appreciate the help and it will aid me no end.

I emailed them and got a very fast response, this is it.. (i guess i could give it a shot).

nik-profil.png

Nik (Pink Mule S.L)

7 Nov, 18:57 CET

Hello Brian :)
It is true that the nicotine level of the base gets a bit diluted by adding flavour/aroma.
That dilution is MUCH smaller when the flavour contains nicotine (in this case 12mg).
We have this e-base calculator that can help you:
http://www.todmuller.com/ejuice/ejuice.php
What you need to put into it (see the picture I have included)
1. The nicotine level of the base with nicotine you want to use for the mix
2. The nicotine level you want in the finished e-liquid.
3. How much finished e-liquid you want to make.
and
4. How many % of flavour you want to use.
-you can then see how much of each ingredient you need to add to get the 1000ml 16mg e-liquid.

The problem is that this only factor in you using a flavour with 0mg nicotine.
How to allow for a flavour with 12mg nicotine I must admit is beyond my mathematical skills...sorry :/
However if it was me I would mix up a base containing 18mg of nicotine, and then add the flavour with 12mg.
It is not a 100% precise method...but it will bring you very close to 16mg in the final e-liquid.

Best Regards

Nik

Ok, I think I understand what they are doing this for, if you vape 12mg liquid (as I do) and don't have 72mg nic to hand, I could buy 12mg Base (flavourless liquids) and add some of this concentrate without diluting the overall 12mg (as I would if the flavour didn't have nic in) ... it does make sense but only if it's being used a certain way .. but I guess that applies to all these DIY type methods, if you are wanting to DIY higher nic strengths with 'shots' then it makes sense.

Thank you very much, I understand your calculations and that's very helpful, ideally I would like a 60vg/40pg but I appreciate the help and it will aid me no end.
Okay, a 12% concentrate at 12mg/ml will come out at 1.44 mg/ml nic. Let's round that down to 1.4 mg/ml.

So you need to add enough 72mg nic to add 14.6 mg/ml of nic to the mix, to end up with around 16 mg/ml nic.

Using PG 72mg/ml nic, to end up with a final mix at 16mg, 12% flavour...

Screenshot_2017-11-08-13-43-49.png

For 18mg, to a 10ml bottle of the flavouring add:

19.2ml nic
54ml vg

This will give you 83ml of 65/35 juice.

Okay, a 12% concentrate at 12mg/ml will come out at 1.44 mg/ml nic. Let's round that down to 1.4 mg/ml.

So you need to add enough 72mg nic to add 14.6 mg/ml of nic to the mix, to end up with around 16 mg/ml nic.

Using PG 72mg/ml nic, to end up with a final mix at 16mg, 12% flavour...

View attachment 143832

That's incorrect. For a 100ml mix he would need 23ml of nic.

That's incorrect. For a 100ml mix he would need 23ml of nic.
23ml of 72mg nic in 100ml would give him 16 mg nic on its own, wouldn't it?

His concentrate also has 12mg nic in it.

I was aiming for a final mix at 16mg nic, which includes 1.44mg nic from his concentrate, which he is using at 12%.

Maybe I messed up but I thought I had it right for a final mix at 16mg.

23ml of 72mg nic in 100ml would give him 16 mg nic on its own, wouldn't it?

His concentrate also has 12mg nic in it.

I was aiming for a final mix at 16mg nic, which includes 1.44mg nic from his concentrate, which he is using at 12%.

Maybe I messed up but I thought I had it right for a final mix at 16mg.

Sorry, I was working on 18mg :12:.

Teach me to read posts properly.

Well, he said he mixes at 16mg, sometimes 18mg, so I've given him the answer for one, you the other.. :)

Back
Top Bottom