What's new

0% flavour mix, Any thoughts or experiences?

Aye that’s a bit like my strategy, but a bit more precise. I generally try flavours when I get them on their own, then work out what I’d want to mix it with in what proportion, then just make 30 or 50ml depending on how confident I am it will be good. My few regular recipes all started off this way, and always change over time as I decide I want to add something or more or less of a particular flavour.

I might mix up some 0 flavour liquid tomorrow and give it a go.

The earlier description of how i started. Now like you I will try new flavours on their own, or just as a small addition incorporated into a recipe I have tried before. if you are only making one flavour change in a recipe it is easy to pick out what the new flavour is doing.

As and when you try 0 flavour, let us know what you think.

I think I have learned as much as I am going to, I could vape it forever if I wanted to.

I am thinking my next move, after finishing the 400ml of the mix I imaginatively call "500ml DEC 2017" will be to mix another 500ml batch flavour free but add a few drops of flavour into the smaller bottles i use on a daily basis, I am certainly going for a reduction in flavour quantity and complexity my flavours will become vg/pg/nic with a hint of something. No notes, no lables just lazy simplicity.

Honestly?
Zero is the way to go.
For flavour, not nicotine, obviously!
If you vape nicotine in an unflavoured base then you eleminate so many anti vaping arguments. Popcorn Lung anyone?! [emoji5]
Research into vaping effects would be so much easier.
It's going to be impossible to promote vaping as a medically recommended alternative otherwise.

I'm going to see what the effect on a stock coil is like too ....... vape flavourless on a nautilus coil... if I had to guess (going on what a coil looks like after a few tanks of spiritwalker) I would say they would last for ages. .... I wonder if I could get a month out a nautilus coil with 50/50 flavourless?

Ok, I have 10ml of 0 flavour liquid. I had mixed a batch of juice and accidentally overflavoured it, so needed 90ml unflavoured to dilute it. I mixed up 100 and kept the 10ml aside. I shall rebuild the hussar tank and give it a try.

Hmm so I’ve puffed about 2ml and so far I like it. It’s 50/50, 10mg. There’s a slightly sweet flavour that I’m guessing is the vg, and a very slight flavour from the nic. There’s nothing unpleasant about it at all.

I will puff through the 10ml bottle and see how it goes. But I’m thinking, that when I started vaping, if unflavoured liquid had been a thing, I might well not have been vaping flavoured liquid at all.

I’ll definitely keep some mixed up. Maybe eventually I’ll do away with flavours altogether.

Second day, and I have been vaping as normal.
Almost exactly normal, the only difference has been that, having started this thread, I am forced to think about my vape more than normal.
If someone had swapped my juice for 0 flavour overnight, I probably would not have noticed for long enough.

Taste is weird, elements of flavour come and go apparently at random.
Yesterday I noticed that sometimes I could notice the sweet taste and sometimes the nicotine taste, at the moment neither is noticeable, mostly it just tastes like my vape and I really do not have the words to describe it but it is as satisfying as my normal vape.

I suspect that only people that keep several flavours on the go at once are really tasting much of the actual added flavours at all, a lot of the time. This seems to send some people to the depths of despair about vapers tongue. Most of us probably just vape on as our taste does whatever it does.

I have a few ml of my mix left (2ml to3ml) and will be finished vaping it today. Not sure where I will go with it in the future. Certainly I will be using much less flavour and simpler mixes. When I order the vg and pg that I need soon, there will be no flavours in my order. Certainly has been a worthwhile experiment for me, and I should have done it years ago.

IMO
More people should try it, You can buy it for £1 or mix it for less and there are many juices that taste worse. A £1 bottle of !8mg can easily be diluted with vg or pg to your required nic level.

It is a good baseline for folk doing diy to compare their mixes to. A lot of people that struggle to mix flavours they like at first, are almost certainly mixng juice that is worse than 0 flavour.

If you are into harm minimisation rather than harm reduction then reducing the number of chemicals in your juice is the way to go.

If you do not change flavours regularly, you will probably not notice much difference.

I occasionally get mild sneezing fits when I’m vaping. I had been thinking it might be a mild reaction to pg, because it increased a bit a few months ago when I switched from 70/30 to 50/50. It’s not particularly bad and the improvement in vapour from the switch outweighed occasional urge to sneeze and an itchy nose.

It could be coincidence, but I’d been puffing the 0 flavour since I mixed it this morning. So maybe 4 or so hours. I’m doing some things about the house today. I hadn’t been sneezing. I just picked up a different device, without really thinking about it, which has 50/50 3% vanilla bourbon in it and after 2 puffs had a sneezing fit.

I think I might mix a bigger batch of 0 flavour and try using only that for a week or so. It will be interesting if I find that I’m not sneezing at all or getting an itchy nose.

I occasionally get mild sneezing fits when I’m vaping. I had been thinking it might be a mild reaction to pg, because it increased a bit a few months ago when I switched from 70/30 to 50/50. It’s not particularly bad and the improvement in vapour from the switch outweighed occasional urge to sneeze and an itchy nose.

It could be coincidence, but I’d been puffing the 0 flavour since I mixed it this morning. So maybe 4 or so hours. I’m doing some things about the house today. I hadn’t been sneezing. I just picked up a different device, without really thinking about it, which has 50/50 3% vanilla bourbon in it and after 2 puffs had a sneezing fit.

I think I might mix a bigger batch of 0 flavour and try using only that for a week or so. It will be interesting if I find that I’m not sneezing at all or getting an itchy nose.

Some citrus flavours, especially lemon, or lemon & lime make me sneeze at very low percentages and pineapple at higher percentages.

That is my 0 flavour finished.
Back on my original mix.
It is so fruity, fruitier than I like. No baccy flavour even though there is 3x more baccy flavours than fruit flavours.
The fruit is meant to be a background to the baccy, and always has been.
Interesting.

More vaping and looking for the baccy.
No. Just fruit.

Edit over an hour later--Still no baccy. I figure I would have to give up on baccy flavours for longer to bring those tastes back. I went through a bit where one particular fruit flavour was dominating (the 2ml of Hawaiian Punch in the 500ml batch?) that distinct flavour is now fading into a general fruity sweetness and I think I am well on my way to the vape being just the vape.

Another edit about four hours later---Just realised the fruit flavour is almost gone and I have some baccy flavour I prefer this to when fruit was too prominent. Very subtle as I like it but getting closer to being like the 0 flavour and If I do not consciously think about it they are both as satisfying.

Last edited:
It is interesting, how we perceive flavours. Especially artificial ones that are experienced separately from eating.

Back
Top Bottom