What's new

Steeping - Caps on or off?

It does make sense to leave the caps off.. I'm going to try doing that over night from now on
by all means try it - but read my above post first .. and it makes no sense to me :)

by all means try it - but read my above post first .. and it makes no sense to me :)

I didn't read your post until after I posted lol. That has made me think... but we do open the bottles anyway to use the juice so won't air particles be absorbed then anyway?

I always leave them sealed as lazy. However I find the flavours change quite quickly from when I open them over the first few days of use, possibly due to them getting air?

Y
I didn't read your post until after I posted lol. That has made me think... but we do open the bottles anyway to use the juice so won't air particles be absorbed then anyway?
es but .. just like anything else . .its about exposure

there is a difference to opening a bottle for 60 seconds to fill up a tank .. and leaving the lids off in your sock draw all night. :)

TBH the risk is probably little - and its home mix .. so only yourself to worry about - I always hit these things from a production angle though .. because well .. thats what I do.

There may be dust in our rooms at home or outside.. but whether we like it or not we are constantly consuming this dust and air. It's landing on our food, going in our drinks etc. I don't know if this if it's the same as when you leave a bottle uncapped and vape it. Btw I'm not trying to be a smartass here I just want to give my own dispute cause it's getting late and I'm indecisive about these bottles caps lol

At least I know my beloved Manabush hasn't been sitting in your sock drawer. By the way yours is the only premix I vape. I can't get close to replicating it. It's a right bugger. I salute you sir. ;)

There may be dust in our rooms at home or outside.. but whether we like it or not we are constantly consuming this dust and air. It's landing on our food, going in our drinks etc. I don't know if this if it's the same as when you leave a bottle uncapped and vape it. Btw I'm not trying to be a smartass here I just want to give my own dispute cause it's getting late and I'm indecisive about these bottles caps lol
my main worry would be organisms ... Mold spores, microscopic bacteria etc (I'm no biologist so i may be wrong about these)

and my concern .. as well health reasons .. the above things could contaminate the juice and destroy the flavour

like I say .. I suspect a minimal risk ... but for me personally .. a risk is a risk

At least I know my beloved Manabush hasn't been sitting in your sock drawer. By the way yours is the only premix I vape. I can't get close to replicating it. It's a right bugger. I salute you sir. ;)
Thanks!

Would the bacteria possible die when vaped due to the temperature? Difficult to say.. considering a vape lasts just a few seconds. Mods generate high wattage.. but am I right to believe the juice goes nowhere near 100C? I mean.. I'm sure I'd notice the liquid boiling within the tank lol. And I think it does take a good 100C to completely eliminate the bacteria.
I think I'm going to try leaving the caps off some juices and others leave them on and see what the result is

Would the bacteria possible die when vaped due to the temperature? Difficult to say.. considering a vape lasts just a few seconds. Mods generate high wattage.. but am I right to believe the juice goes nowhere near 100C? I mean.. I'm sure I'd notice the liquid boiling within the tank lol. And I think it does take a good 100C to completely eliminate the bacteria.
I think I'm going to try leaving the caps off some juices and others leave them on and see what the result is
Leaving the caps of for a period (if we ignore the hygroscopic issue for the minute) WILL have a perceived effect on steeping - in that things will oxidise, the colour will change quicker. Wether that has an effect on taste is up for debate, I suspect in some cases it does, in some its more a placebo effect - you see a quicker colour change and imagine a better flavour.

either way .. really it doesn't matter .. do what makes you feel you have made a good vape.

Back
Top Bottom