What's new

Singlers, doublers, triplers / custard

prophecy

Postman
I'm a tad confused. I've decided to go back down the DIY route so I'm after a decent custard concentrate. When I was in Australia and got my concentrates they were in the form of singlers, doublers and triplers.

Is that the case here in the UK? Or do we just buy concentrates?

Additionally, any decent custard concentrates you'd recommend?

Thanks.

Well at least I have a supplier. Anyone with regards to the other question? A general concentrate is the only thing on offer, right?

I'm a tad confused. I've decided to go back down the DIY route so I'm after a decent custard concentrate. When I was in Australia and got my concentrates they were in the form of singlers, doublers and triplers.

Thanks.

I use UK Flavours vanilla custard concentrate because it looks, smells and tastes exactly the same as TFA Vanilla custard but is much cheaper. They also do a triple concentrate vanilla custard that they say is 3 times stronger than the normal. so you would only use a third of the triple in your recipe.

Capella Vanilla custard V1 is very good.
Cupcake world have a good custard flavour
Flavourart custard is supposed to be very good as well but I havn't got round to trying it myself yet

Thanks.

Capella Vanilla Custard ( i use v.1 as its more creamier than v.2)
also the best custard recipes use more than just custard flavouring, eg. french vaniila, dulce de leche, brown sugar etc.....

The capella vanilla custard smells amazing... Got some of that and some DDL steeping. Also got some espresso and strawberries and cream, and some sweet cream to add.

Back
Top Bottom