What's new

Rhubarb and custard recipe

I've found a couple of places with rhubarb concentrate, but it's a tough one to get right it seems.
I've been after that throaty tangy taste, but it's tough to get.
Duplicatus from fallstreak was perfect. Fortunately plumeblu have resurrected it as a short fill and added custard in, so may be up your street. Haven't tried it yet but it's on the list.

I've found a couple of places with rhubarb concentrate, but it's a tough one to get right it seems.
I've been after that throaty tangy taste, but it's tough to get.
Duplicatus from fallstreak was perfect. Fortunately plumeblu have resurrected it as a short fill and added custard in, so may be up your street. Haven't tried it yet but it's on the list.

I tried their by Jove. Wasn't keen but it was more a rhubarb fool type juice if i remember correctly

To me, Spiritwalker Two Arrows and Bunkr Rhubarb Tarte provide a similar sensation to Col Custard.
Inawera do a good Rhubarb but needs enhancing with many other flavours, I'm still experimenting.

They tend to be a bit weaker than most but the price reflects this, and the quality of their flavours varies, like any other brand.

My favourites are custard, mango, coconut, strawberry jam (almost identical to Just Jam), and jam roly poly. I haven't tried any cheesecakes, though I do have a strawberry cheesecake I've been meaning to knock up.

I tend to buy from Amazon these days, just adding the odd bottle to other orders. You can often find short dated multipacks on there that are cheaper than a single bottle, but you should always check the list of oil containing flavours on their site.
Thank you that's a great insight.

To me, Spiritwalker Two Arrows and Bunkr Rhubarb Tarte provide a similar sensation to Col Custard.
Inawera do a good Rhubarb but needs enhancing with many other flavours, I'm still experimenting.

tried them on a recommendation too, just wasn't to my taste in comparison. I sound like a fussy cow

tried them on a recommendation too, just wasn't to my taste in comparison. I sound like a fussy cow

If you want one that will rip your throat out, TW have a R+C concentrate in their Retro range.

From the information from @Ment i decided to buy a couple of flavours from CCW and one of the flavours I decided to try was Rhubarb and Custard.
I found 500ml from Amazon for Cupcake World Intense Food Flavouring, Rhubarb and Custard, 500 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y13TTLT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_zJAPzbGTHM3X7.
I've tried a shake and vape on this and afterba few way out percentages found at 15% 3mg 70/30 it does taste very much like the sweets. I think the tang expected from the rhubarb is slightly muted but a few drops of malic acid or LorAnne tart and sour will remidy that.
I like the custard element but if it's the same as their stand alone custard I would find it a little sweet on its own but will be trying it 50/50 with cap v1.

Anyway thanks @Ment and also want to mention and thank @Chris K as I read a post from him a while ago 're CCW and I was sceptical but glad I tried CCW and can see my self certainly adding their flavours to my DIY.
Thanks both.

From the information from @Ment i decided to buy a couple of flavours from CCW and one of the flavours I decided to try was Rhubarb and Custard.
I found 500ml from Amazon for Cupcake World Intense Food Flavouring, Rhubarb and Custard, 500 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y13TTLT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_zJAPzbGTHM3X7.
I've tried a shake and vape on this and afterba few way out percentages found at 15% 3mg 70/30 it does taste very much like the sweets. I think the tang expected from the rhubarb is slightly muted but a few drops of malic acid or LorAnne tart and sour will remidy that.
I like the custard element but if it's the same as their stand alone custard I would find it a little sweet on its own but will be trying it 50/50 with cap v1.

Anyway thanks @Ment and also want to mention and thank @Chris K as I read a post from him a while ago 're CCW and I was sceptical but glad I tried CCW and can see my self certainly adding their flavours to my DIY.
Thanks both.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up. I've gone with a rhubarb and custard concentrate from big juice as i rate their premixes.
Alot of the concentrates I've looked seem to be based around the sweets than the actual pud and that's what I liked about the pfvapes version. It was like a big bowl of tangy rhubarb smothered in creamy custard.

Back
Top Bottom