What's new

Recipe advice please

Great recipes, I will try them all at some point. Anyone got a simple one for strawberry custard or similar fruit based one. One with not too many ingredients please.
Thanks
Mustard Milk is popular with many and is just:
TFA Strawberry 6%
TFA Vanilla bean Ice Cream 8%

The FA vanilla custard is good to add 1% FA strawberry and 2% TFA strawberry ripe. You could up the strawberry a bit for a strong strawberry flavour.

The strawberries are also good with a mix of FA fresh cream and vienna cream.

Great suggestions, I don’t have strawberry ripe yet, will get some in a couple weeks. So I guess a half decent recipe would be something like

Fa vanilla custard 8%
Fa strawberry 3-5%

Or up them for a stronger taste?

Ah no the max I would go with the vanilla custard is 5%. Inused to mix it at 3% and it was good, but I’ve started mixing it a bit stronger as I vape smaller clouds these days. I reckon 8 would be overdoing it. I would suggest starting at 3-5 with the VC.

With the strawberries I find if you’re making a creamy or custard recipe it’s best to steep that first then add the strawberry. I’d say 3% max though, and I usually mix the 2 strawberry flavours.

It’s better to start at a lower % and work up if it’s not strong enough, and the FA ones are pretty concentrated.

Edit: the strawberry ripe is TFA. I think I prefer it to the FA strawberry but they’re good in combination.

Great suggestions, I don’t have strawberry ripe yet, will get some in a couple weeks. So I guess a half decent recipe would be something like

Fa vanilla custard 8%
Fa strawberry 3-5%

Or up them for a stronger taste?
I suspect you're referring to TFA concentrates there? To save confusion most people use FA to mean Flavour Art and use TFA for The Flavour Apprentice (also annoyingly known as TPA, The Perfumer's Apprentice.)

Yes you’re right, hence why I said larger % going by the guide.
So for tfa would my % be about right?

Don’t know much about tfa, i only have vanilla swirl (which isn’t very good) and the strawberry ripe. The strawberry is good in a mix at about 3% but I believe they are generally not as concentrated as FA.

Thanks. The guide says vc at 10% and strawberry at 3-15%. I’ll start low and add if needed.
Also with adding extra flavour would it not push the pg ratio up or do you allow for this when adding?

It does, you need to use a calculator like steam engine.

I couldn’t imagine putting 20% flavour in a liquid. Just my opinion but I think the more concentrated the better, less added to your end liquid other than the pg vg and nic.

http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

Back
Top Bottom