What's new

Recipe advice please

Sirspidey

Postman
hi all
I’ve just started to mix my own juice and I’ve just started doing simple one , strawberry, raspberry etc, but wanted to do some nicer ones, custard etc. Now is there a hard and fast rule of the ratios of flavours to put together? I guess taste wise it’s more experimental, but any guidelines?
Also I haven’t got many flavour and wondered if there are any ‘stock’ ones I should be getting to achieve some nice custard/creamy mixes?

Many thanks

You should get some fa vanilla custard, mix it at 5% and let it sit for 2 weeks at least.

You should get some fa vanilla custard, mix it at 5% and let it sit for 2 weeks at least.

That’s great, but excuse me for being a complete noob, but mix just the one flavour (custard) at 5% or add other flavours and what % should they be?
Thanks

Hi,

Its always hard to suggest flavours because as has been said many times ' everybody's different '.

If possible I would start at 5% for Inawera or FlavourArt concentrates and 10% for all others. Often on the website you get them from it will suggest a starting point.
Menthol based juices - start low with the menthol - I start at 2% you can easily overpower other flavours.
You never really know till you try, I have a Honeydew melon which is very strong and needs only 2% and blackcurrant concentrates I cant taste at 15%.

Its all about whats right for you. Mixing small amounts means you can adjust mixes without wasting too much if it all goes wrong.

If you like Heisenberg or Red Astaire both can be bought in concentrate form and I have had no complaints at 15% for either.

I generally try to stay under 20% of total concentrate in any one mix. There is no reason for this that I am aware of but I was told to do it when I started out and so always have.

Steeping is important. If you try a juice that you have made and it is rank, leave it in a draw for a month and then try it again.

Shake and vape by all means but as was said custard and dessert type juice do improve for steeping.
Once you find one you like try to mix ahead of time so you always have some steeped. I use chefs vapour Welsh Custard at 12% with nothing else added - the batch I just started was made in August.

Always happy to help so feel free to ask.

That’s great, but excuse me for being a complete noob, but mix just the one flavour (custard) at 5% or add other flavours and what % should they be?
Thanks

I mix a big batch of the v custard at 5%. Sometimes I use it itself and sometimes I put some in a smaller bottle and add other flavours. Like a fruit at 2 or 2.5%, for example, or tobacco or something. It’s excellent by itself though.

Excellent that’s some great advice and I sorry to bring this subject up as I’m sure many others have asked the same. Get very frustrating. I’m part of other forums (Subaru lol) and we see many of the same questions being asked, so I feel your frustration.
So far I’m finding out the the some of the fruits are quite weak. I’ve made some strawberry and I’ve had to add more, and even that’s still weak tasting. They are all still vapable, but will tweet as I go. TBH I bought cheap concentrates to get us going (my wife and I) so have ordered some tfa products, I know some don’t like them, but some do. I’ve ordered barvarian cream, vanilla custard, strawberry,raspberry and ddl, hope to make a few nice ones and hope they are better quality than what I’ve had before.
Thanks for all your help

8% custard
2% banana
1% dulche
1% peanut butter
Couple of drops of graham cracker (or 1% biscuit)

Leave it for a few months to brew

Excellent that’s some great advice and I sorry to bring this subject up as I’m sure many others have asked the same. Get very frustrating. I’m part of other forums (Subaru lol) and we see many of the same questions being asked, so I feel your frustration.
So far I’m finding out the the some of the fruits are quite weak. I’ve made some strawberry and I’ve had to add more, and even that’s still weak tasting. They are all still vapable, but will tweet as I go. TBH I bought cheap concentrates to get us going (my wife and I) so have ordered some tfa products, I know some don’t like them, but some do. I’ve ordered barvarian cream, vanilla custard, strawberry,raspberry and ddl, hope to make a few nice ones and hope they are better quality than what I’ve had before.
Thanks for all your help

I only have a couple of TFA, vanilla swirl and strawberry ripe. The vanilla is not great but the strawberry is pretty good. FA are the strongest concentrates I’ve found (and atmos labs but they are expensive), if you go to the darkstar website and look at their dark arts concentrates it’s actually rebranded FA and much cheaper. They have quite a few of the fruit flavours.

Great recipes, I will try them all at some point. Anyone got a simple one for strawberry custard or similar fruit based one. One with not too many ingredients please.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom