What's new

Real Ale Liquid.

@Chris K any update on this, would love to try out the recipe.
Cheers Jon [emoji481][emoji481]

At 70/30, it's cracked I'd say. I've hit a problem though with fact at 50/50 using same recipe, it doesn't work. Seems to mute all the flavour strangely which is a first for me!

Want to nail a recipe that works for everyone.

Its lovely Jon.
Dunno wtf he did with it, but I loved it.

Cheers mate, glad you liked it. Was the 70/30 version you had.

Ohh I got all excited seeing the thread come back to life :). No point in rushing it so keep up the good work andI look forward to the finished version so I can give this a go.

Ohh I got all excited seeing the thread come back to life :). No point in rushing it so keep up the good work andI look forward to the finished version so I can give this a go.

Sorry!

50/50 will be done soon. Might have to have two seperate recipes, one for 50/50 and one for 70/30 but I'd prefer not to for obvious reasons. I'm wondering if just saying sod it and redesigning at 60/40 as will work on both MTL and DTL then...

Okay Dokey, little update for those who have followed my decline into almost madness...

I have a 70/30 version I'm very happy with and a very good 50/50 version. Two seperate recipes but using the exact same concentrates.

As I promised, I will be releasing the recipes in this thread but I'm looking at another option as well as releasing to possibly make things easier. Just waiting for alittle feedback from a friend to see if it's a viable option.

Hopefully recipes be up before the weekend.

Okay Dokey, little update for those who have followed my decline into almost madness...

I have a 70/30 version I'm very happy with and a very good 50/50 version. Two seperate recipes but using the exact same concentrates.

As I promised, I will be releasing the recipes in this thread but I'm looking at another option as well as releasing to possibly make things easier. Just waiting for alittle feedback from a friend to see if it's a viable option.

Hopefully recipes be up before the weekend.
That suggests the 50/50 version is not quite upto the 70/30 standard?
If so it could be as simple as the additional sweetness from the 20% VG that the 50/50 version is missing.

That suggests the 50/50 version is not quite upto the 70/30 standard?
If so it could be as simple as the additional sweetness from the 20% VG that the 50/50 version is missing.

It was an odd one, the issue was it was massively down on flavour compared to the 70/30 using the same recipe. Odd as general rule of thumb is PG carries flavour better, not this time though!

So for the 50/50, I had to up the percentages but then certain flavours overpowered others so need to play with the percentages again to balance it out. It's balanced well now and is almost identical to the 70/30 flavour profile. To be honest, I got fed up and didn't want to have to start from scratch again to try and find a recipe that worked perfectly well at both ratios.

So it's going to have to be 2 recipes, using same concentrates but at ever so slightly different percentages.

It was an odd one, the issue was it was massively down on flavour compared to the 70/30 using the same recipe. Odd as general rule of thumb is PG carries flavour better, not this time though!

So for the 50/50, I had to up the percentages but then certain flavours overpowered others so need to play with the percentages again to balance it out. It's balanced well now and is almost identical to the 70/30 flavour profile. To be honest, I got fed up and didn't want to have to start from scratch again to try and find a recipe that worked perfectly well at both ratios.

So it's going to have to be 2 recipes, using same concentrates but at ever so slightly different percentages.
Having been tinkering again recently with mtl I'm wondering despite all the latest and greatest kit out that its still slightly lagging behind on the dtl development when it comes to flavour.
Might just be me being a noob at mtl rebuildables who knows.

Having been tinkering again recently with mtl I'm wondering despite all the latest and greatest kit out that its still slightly lagging behind on the dtl development when it comes to flavour.
Might just be me being a noob at mtl rebuildables who knows.

Some MTLs are great tanks (True and Hastur) but I think you're right, DTL market exploded and seemed everyone, their mother and their dog plowed all the time and money into that. Noticed though MTL is having a resurgence and it's still a big section of vapers.

I've been using the Hastur to test the MTL Ale liquid and chopping between a O Atty V1 and a Hellfire Sentinel for testing the DTL Ale. Sent a couple of samples out to people and they've been using it... I don't actually know, but their feedback was positive.

For everyone else, reason I'm not giving the recipe out immediately is I had alittle brain wave other night. Some of the concentrates used are abit niche and not overly common, would end up costing you over £20 for them and only a couple you'd ever use again for any other recipe.

So, brain wave time, I will release the recipe for those wanting to buy all the concentrates and mix themselves but I'm also seriously considering having a few bottles of a One-Shot concentrate made in a proper clean facility then selling those for probably less than half the cost of the individual concentrates. Not wanting to seem like I'm profiteering so, as I said, will still release recipe in full but gives people a cheaper and easier option as well. If you think I'm out of order there, sorry but I reckon it's the best option.

I've spoken to @Rob and he is happy for anyone who wants one to just PM me and I can sort it out through here but may also appear on a yet undecided website. It's all very fresh but I'm quite excited about it and making plans at 100mph so hopefully will happen soon.

Thanks everyone.

For what its worth i think thats probably the best idea.
Releasing recipes is always going to be an odd one unless they're simple ones with common ingredients people tend to sub the odd flavour with something similar and before you know it its not the same as the original so the feedback tends to be meh.

Back
Top Bottom