What's new

N.E.T. Experiments for the perfect black tea concentrate

Id like it noted .. this info is from my days years ago messing with tobacco NETS for personal use ...

I'm going to have to play with this.
H upman do a little known brick of Cuban tobacco for pipe smokers (was actually first produced for che to use in a pipe in damp jungles).
I imagine this will make an interesting net liquid.

I'm going to have to play with this.
H upman do a little known brick of Cuban tobacco for pipe smokers (was actually first produced for che to use in a pipe in damp jungles).
I imagine this will make an interesting net liquid.

There’s one of the whole leaf tobacco vendors that does various high end cigar tobaccos and wrap leaves, for people that make their own cigars. I can’t remember which one but google should find it for you. I had toyed with the idea of trying it at some point but it was a bit complicated, humidity and the like.

There’s one of the whole leaf tobacco vendors that does various high end cigar tobaccos and wrap leaves, for people that make their own cigars. I can’t remember which one but google should find it for you. I had toyed with the idea of trying it at some point but it was a bit complicated, humidity and the like.
Lol. Yeah. Definitely a road I wouldn't recommend. Actually humidity in the uk is very similar to Cuba but the skill involved in selecting filler, inner wrap and outer wrap let alone packing them with anything resembling a decent draw is mind boggling.
Part of the deal I used to have for being a taste tester for Hunter and frankau and habanos meant looking after visiting master rollers from Cuba who come over every summer and tour cigar shops to display their skills.
I soon discovered that it isn't easily picked up, to say the least. Lol. My attempts where disastrous.

simon .. look into a large syringe with some Muji jammed in the bottom

take the plunger out half fill it with your NET (only half or it may go everywhere!) and put the plunger back in and slowly press it through the Muji - its hard work .. but does help get rid of the bricks and stones.

lol, l thanks mate ... I might just try that.

Lol. Yeah. Definitely a road I wouldn't recommend. Actually humidity in the uk is very similar to Cuba but the skill involved in selecting filler, inner wrap and outer wrap let alone packing them with anything resembling a decent draw is mind boggling.
Part of the deal I used to have for being a taste tester for Hunter and frankau and habanos meant looking after visiting master rollers from Cuba who come over every summer and tour cigar shops to display their skills.
I soon discovered that it isn't easily picked up, to say the least. Lol. My attempts where disastrous.

Aye, the idea of rolling your own cigars is nice, but obviously not quite so simple... :)

Thanks @Simon G
Just had a go myself...made the mistake of trying the concentrate, tasted like my Gran's brew which had been stewing on the stove for a week!

Mixed at 5%, it's like a milky sweet tea
I can feel a Chai recipe coming.

Thanks @Simon G
Just had a go myself...made the mistake of trying the concentrate, tasted like my Gran's brew which had been stewing on the stove for a week!

Mixed at 5%, it's like a milky sweet tea
I can feel a Chai recipe coming.

Awesome, I was quite surprised myself how good it tasted... did you do any elaborate filtration process? I'm off shopping in a bit so I'm going to grab some coffee filters and see how that works out.

This is what my 5% mix looks like after standing for a couple of days ... it looks very clear other than a ring of scummy bits around the top that has kind of stuck to the outside of the bottle.
IMG_20180617_123241.jpg

Awesome, I was quite surprised myself how good it tasted... did you do any elaborate filtration process? I'm off shopping in a bit so I'm going to grab some coffee filters and see how that works out.

I used a very scientific process of tea strainer followed by tea strainer and tissue paper[emoji3] seems to fairly clear. I'll post a pic later

Back
Top Bottom