What's new

Mixing Question

SuperSmithens

Postman
Hi not sure if I have the right forum for a n00b question :)

I have mixed a "blueberry custard" following a recipe. First off, off the bat, its lovely so not going to complain too much, and this is with 0 steeping, However the blueberry does not come through so much. My question is - will the blueberry come through with steeping? Or is it likely the custard will get more powerful and overpower it moreso? I used TFA Blueberry extra (if this is any use to my tale).

I spose i am wondering if I try a different blueberry flav, wait for the steep or add more flav and tweak the recipe.

this is my first attempt at recipe mixing only done 1 shot crap before.

Cheers apes.

Hi not sure if I have the right forum for a n00b question :)

I have mixed a "blueberry custard" following a recipe. First off, off the bat, its lovely so not going to complain too much, and this is with 0 steeping, However the blueberry does not come through so much. My question is - will the blueberry come through with steeping? Or is it likely the custard will get more powerful and overpower it moreso? I used TFA Blueberry extra (if this is any use to my tale).

I spose i am wondering if I try a different blueberry flav, wait for the steep or add more flav and tweak the recipe.

this is my first attempt at recipe mixing only done 1 shot crap before.

Cheers apes.
What is the recipe or what percentage blueberry extra did it involve?

i have been using one shots alot and on the lookout for a new recipe to try fire it up mate, and good to see the mixing maestro @Mr Numpty on the case already, good job knobhead :2thumbsup:

TFA Blueberry Extra definitely comes through with steeping, and custards, in my experience, don't overpower anything, but I tend to use very basic custards made with just vanilla and cream.

Blueberry, like Strawberry, is a flavour that needs a bit of a boost, so if you're inclined to spend a bit of time over your mixes it's a good idea to buy a few varieties from different brands and mix them together - Extra, Wild, Candy, Bilberry etc.

The steeping process seems to begin when the different concentrates are mixed and after a few weeks it will be very powerful.

Thanks for the replies chaps! I'll fire the recipe up later this evening when I am back from down the pit. I will defo try mixing Blueberry types!

A wee half percent of Fa bilberry boosts the extra nicely for me. I do have one recipe that I use only the extra in and a good steep brings it out perfectly.

Another good blueberry is the classikool one. Mixes well with the extra as well.

Back
Top Bottom