What's new

I've started mixing....

Try adding a bit of tfa sweet and tart to it. I'm using it in a Swedish fish mix just now and it gives me that powdery sweetie taste.

Thanks, I think that's what it might need. ....... added to my list. :D

lol, I'm trying to create some flavours I can't buy!
Oh sounds very rewarding when you get it right..
I was just trying to think of a flavour I would like that’s not available for purchase and can’t..
Strange..

Thanks, I think that's what it might need. ....... added to my list. :D

Maybe use it at 1.5 - 2% with your violet candy and see how it is.

I also find the Novavapes Rainbow Dust concentrate to be very like parma violets. I can send you what's left in my bottle if you like. It's not really to my taste and I've only had about 2ml out of a 10ml bottle. Just chuck me your address by pm if you fancy it.

'Mixology' - I searched around for advice & tips and then thought that the best thing to do was to try other peoples recipies. There are thousands on ELR - most are rubbish ( Capella Custard V2 version 6 - why bother posting it?). The other thing that confused me was the abbreviations used - FA, TPA - beware of anything that says 'Apprentice'. It means that they don't really know what they are doing. Stick to flavours from from the 'masters'.

Some advice that you can safely ignore is the ' try a drop of the concentrate in a teaspoon of water'. I tried it yesterday with Flavour Wests Butterscotch, Brandy ans their Rice Krispies. All foul tasting - ruined my taste buds for about six hours.

I've got to the point where I have a couple of 'custard bases' that are OK. Trouble is they are 'bases' - I'm trying to find the flavours to add to them.

Anyway good luck with your search Simon - I'm not sure that this DIY thing is worth it - is it fun or just a waste of money and time? My problem is that I have to wait weeks between batches - the curse of custards ....

'Mixology' - I searched around for advice & tips and then thought that the best thing to do was to try other peoples recipies. There are thousands on ELR - most are rubbish ( Capella Custard V2 version 6 - why bother posting it?). The other thing that confused me was the abbreviations used - FA, TPA - beware of anything that says 'Apprentice'. It means that they don't really know what they are doing. Stick to flavours from from the 'masters'.

Some advice that you can safely ignore is the ' try a drop of the concentrate in a teaspoon of water'. I tried it yesterday with Flavour Wests Butterscotch, Brandy ans their Rice Krispies. All foul tasting - ruined my taste buds for about six hours.

I've got to the point where I have a couple of 'custard bases' that are OK. Trouble is they are 'bases' - I'm trying to find the flavours to add to them.

Anyway good luck with your search Simon - I'm not sure that this DIY thing is worth it - is it fun or just a waste of money and time? My problem is that I have to wait weeks between batches - the curse of custards ....

I don't think its a waste of time and money. I know it can be frustrating, over the years I have made , well, probably hundreds of crap juices which have gone down the sink - or given away, one mans poison is anothers adv.
The only time I buy juice now is when somebody asks me to make a clone, sometimes I can get pretty close, sometimes I find a recipe online and sometimes it all goes down the sink. I make up 10ml of juice for every concentrate I buy at 0mg and try it - I think that helps because you know straight away what you are working with, sniffing the bottle or licking a drip of your finger doesn't really tell you how its going to vape.

Money wise, I have 600ml of Trip Hammers Tiger Stripe in my cupboard - that would have cost me about £300 to buy ready made - as an adv of mine since nearly day one being able to make this up from concentrate has saved me a fortune as has making Heisenberg for friends, hate the stuff myself, but at £3.99 for 10ml, the sub ohmer's at work lurve me.

Im not having a dig, I guess your post is a bit tongue in cheek with the TPA reference and I coudlnt imagine having to wait weeks everytime I make up a batch to test.

Tried this with a few in a cup of water ... same result :D

never even heard of this before .... it's really not too much trouble to mix up a 0nic 5ml sample to vape is it? :D

I did read to do it somewhere but can’t remember where.

You are right it is easy to mix up a 5ml sample but not quite so easy to vape it at the moment. I haven’t used a dripper yet :D

I bought one of those Nautilus X survival kits so I could just try one out but I haven’t got round to using it yet :banghead:

The problem is custards - they do need steeping for at least four weeks. One thing I am trying is mixing the concentrates - let them 'merge' for a few days and then making up 5 or 10ml of vapable juice. John at Flavour Art gives a few tips - look at the ELR forum.

The problem is custards - they do need steeping for at least four weeks. One thing I am trying is mixing the concentrates - let them 'merge' for a few days and then making up 5 or 10ml of vapable juice. John at Flavour Art gives a few tips - look at the ELR forum.
What's ELR please?

Back
Top Bottom