What's new

I just can't get Strawberry right...

Hi Peeps

Hoping for a bit of help on this one, trying a new recipe that requires a sweet /ripe Strawberry .. the problem is that I have never been able to get a good sweet/ripe strawberry.

Nearest I have got is below.

Inawera Strawberry - 1.5%
TFA Strawberry Ripe - 3.5%
Flavour West Strawberry - 2.5%
Flavour West Marshmallow - 1% (Takes the bite/sharpness out of it)

But TBH it is just average at best.

Where the hell do I go with it? lol
@Dezy. TFA's Dragonfruit is also a good choice to enhance the 'strawberryness' :13: of a strawberry mix. Around 0.5 - 1.0% has worked for me.

Plenty for me to try out .. thanks peeps, will let you know how I get on.

Raspberry ....

INW Raspberry
INW Shisha Raspberry
TPA Strawberry Ripe
TPA Sweet Strawberry

That's my strawberry I make for my bro-inlaw, try something like 3-4% of the TPA's, with 0.5-1% of the INW's.... a dash of TPA Bavarian Cream to sweeten and smooth.

I ordered the wrong
Barvarian cream but have used it before so know it is a good one, and normal Inawera raspberry was out of stock.. but this should give me and close enough flavour. My first attempt using Raspberry below.. mixed 30 mil. Think I should go higher on the barbarian ?

Ingredient
%
TPA Strawberry ripe 3.5%
TPA Strawberry Sweet 3.5%
Shisha Raspberry (Inawera) 1.0%
capella barvarian cream 1.0%
PG 21.0%

I ordered the wrong Barvarian cream but have used it before so know it is a good one, and normal Inawera raspberry was out of stock.. but this should give me and close enough flavour. My first attempt using Raspberry below.. mixed 30 mil. Think I should go higher on the barbarian ?

Ingredient
%
TPA Strawberry ripe 3.5%
TPA Strawberry Sweet 3.5%
Shisha Raspberry (Inawera) 1.0%
capella barvarian cream 1.0%
PG 21.0%

I've never used Cap's but if you think it needs it then why not... what do you think of the strawberry more importantly?

I go with INW Shisha, Cap Sweet Strawberry and Cap Ripe Strawberry. It's a bit sweet but how I like it. Sometimes add 0.5 of INW blackcurrant for a jammy texture or a low percentage of INW raspberry to enhance the strawberry.

I was feeling a bit more adventurous with your one .. so the little something extra .. cream seemed natural.

Ingredient % of total ml grams
Shisha Strawberry (Inawera) 1.5%
Sweet Strawberry (Capella) 5.0%
TPA Strawberry Ripe 5.0% (Sub for CAP Ripe)
TFA Dairy Milk 1.0%
Cream Fresh (Flavourart) 1.0%
Creamy Yogurt (Capella) 1.0%
Bavarian Cream (Capella) 0.5%

Made 50ml in case it has that something missing feel, I can break it down into 5x 10mls to experiment.

Last edited:
Choosing several different ones is the right way to go.
That way you can tailor it to what you want because every one is different.
I'd only add because it's been so long since I've vaped strawberry that if you pick one with juicy in the title it helps wake the taste buds and I've also found any that say wild in the title tend to bring a truer tasting full on fruit.

With a name like strawberry ripple .. I would have thought you would have been the man with the recipe ... lol ;)

Back
Top Bottom