What's new

Hybrid net, dry wick

aristorato

Postman
Hello allo not sure if relevant to this group, but if not, please delete this.

I have been mixing some hybrid net juices, all at 50/50 and as soon as they're made they taste good and vape great, once a 5/7 days steep has passed they all don't taste much anymore. So after trying them on different RTAs, I discovered that they all leave the wicks quite dry, hence the lack of flavour when vaping. Is this normal when mixing NETs and artificial flavours, or is there something that needs to be added to the mix?

Here's two screenshots of the actual recipes Screenshot_20201215-144955.jpg Screenshot_20201215-144947.jpg

Don’t mix so can’t comment on flavour disappearing but the fact you say that wicks are dry sounds like you’re wicks aren’t wicking. Have you tried in a dripper?

I'd agree with above but would also say I'd look at your percentages as 10% stix mix sounds a lot higher that the average on all the flavours.
Over flavoured mixes can mute flavours and taste dry especially in an mtl 50/50 blend.

I vape a lot of NETs, often mixing them with something. I've only recently played with Stixx Mixx.

I'd ease back slightly on the percentages of the Stixx Mixx - I've found around 8% is good when mixing with other flavours - but that's personal, and shouldn't cause what you are describing

Viscosity shouldn't be affected by steeping - so what you describe is confusing. But I was thinking of buying some la tabaccheria NETs, and noticed in their literature they recommended adding 5% distilled water - meant to be easier on your wick. I've been playing with 2% distilled water (I made my own using the steamer on my coffee machine) and it had quite a dramatic effect on viscosity and wicking. Might be worth trying

The other thing, as mentioned would be one of the other flavours causing muting - if it contains ethyl maltol for example, I could see the muting as it steeps

I just assumed that in a mix where I wanted predominant tobacco, I'd have to make it stand out of the other flavours

I just assumed that in a mix where I wanted predominant tobacco, I'd have to make it stand out of the other flavours
That's perfectly reasonable - but the amount necessary to make it stand out is arbitrary - and varies a lot with NETs - I'm finding the Stixx Mixx about as strong as my own - I use mine at 15-20% - so your numbers seem reasonable - maybe you need more when adding other flavours. Stixx mix are pretty subtle - maybe you need less of the other flavours

Does any of you have any recipe, and is willing to share it, with NETs and additions? This way I could try and see what's the issue?

Back
Top Bottom