What's new

Good strawberry concentrate

pex

Postman
Hi guys,what's the best strawberry concentrate? Would like to add some to my custards and cupcake mixes,these are all made from Capella and FA cons. just to have something a bit different occasionally [emoji106][emoji106] also I assume I could add the flavour straight into my already lovingly steeped desserts [emoji39]

Hi guys,what's the best strawberry concentrate? Would like to add some to my custards and cupcake mixes,these are all made from Capella and FA cons. just to have something a bit different occasionally [emoji106][emoji106] also I assume I could add the flavour straight into my already lovingly steeped desserts [emoji39]
Yes, where creams are involved, I think strawberry is actually better added after some steeping time. Strawberry seems quite difficult, with a lot of people choosing to blend a few strawberries together. Jungle Flavours strawberry is getting some high praise recently, if you can get a hold of it. It does smell amazing.

I use Flavourer's Apprentice Ripe Strawberry and/or Organic Strawberry in my custard with just a hint of coconut. They seem a bit more natural than some of their others which can taste a bit candy-ish.

Not tried any other brand, though, as I found what suited that mix.

Edit: just remembered that it's Capella Sweet Strawberry I usually use. Just been replacing it with the TFA flavours I have to use up recently.

Last edited:
I use a mix of CAP sweet strawberry and TFA strawberry ripe as do many but I will be ordering FA Red Touch soon coz I was talking to mixer fresh03 who recommended it. I also have inawera strawberry shisha which I've not used yet but have read a lot of good reviews

IMO there is no ultimate single strawberry concentrate. I mix a few different strawberries to make my own "syca strawberry". INW shisha strawberry is one of the better ones i've used and I'd say is a must have. JF strawberry is one im yet to get my hands on, but plan to soon.

Definitely a good idea to add strawberry to custards after the custard has steeped by itself for a while else you'll find your strawberrys muted.

IMO there is no ultimate single strawberry concentrate. I mix a few different strawberries to make my own "syca strawberry". INW shisha strawberry is one of the better ones i've used and I'd say is a must have. JF strawberry is one im yet to get my hands on, but plan to soon.

Definitely a good idea to add strawberry to custards after the custard has steeped by itself for a while else you'll find your strawberrys muted.

That's definately a good call. I mix a 100ml batch of custard flavour (just the flavours, no vg) and just use it as I need it. That way a lot of my mixes are as good as shake-and-vape which wouldn't be the case if the custard flavours were added at the same time as the extras.

Thanks for the info guys,any thoughts on percentages? Like the sound of a hint of coconut @wraith;) as I haven't used fruit flavours so don't want an overpowering strawberry just a nice so thinking along the lines of say 3%?
Cheers

Thanks for the info guys,any thoughts on percentages? Like the sound of a hint of coconut @wraith;) as I haven't used fruit flavours so don't want an overpowering strawberry just a nice so thinking along the lines of say 3%?
Cheers

This is the recipe I use for strawberry custard though I also use Flavourer's Apprentice Ripe and/or Organic Strawberry if I'm out of Capella Sweet Strawberry. The strawberry is there but not overwhelming.

80% VG/Nicotine base
13% Custard (see below)
5% Sweet Strawberry (Cap)
1% Coconut Extra (TFA)
1% Caramel Double (TFA)

My custard flavour (an attempt at a DMC clone when used alone at 12% to 18%) is..
65% Vanilla Custard v2 (Cap)
15% Dulche Du Leche (TFA)
15% Bavarian Cream (Cap)
5% Caramel Original (TFA)

Cap = Capella
TFA = The Flavour Apprentice

Bear in mind I mix for big cloudy drippers so put quite a lot of flavouring in.

Well many thanks @wraith for sharing your recipes and I have to say they sound mouth watering fantastic...the strawberry combo is most definitely going in! I also use slot of flavouring as dripper man myself. BTW your custard looks superb[emoji106] many thanks
Just to add never thought of pre combining cons,makes a lot better for shall we say quality control ;)

Last edited:
This is the recipe I use for strawberry custard though I also use Flavourer's Apprentice Ripe and/or Organic Strawberry if I'm out of Capella Sweet Strawberry. The strawberry is there but not overwhelming.

80% VG/Nicotine base
13% Custard (see below)
5% Sweet Strawberry (Cap)
1% Coconut Extra (TFA)
1% Caramel Double (TFA)

My custard flavour (an attempt at a DMC clone when used alone at 12% to 18%) is..
65% Vanilla Custard v2 (Cap)
15% Dulche Du Leche (TFA)
15% Bavarian Cream (Cap)
5% Caramel Original (TFA)

Cap = Capella
TFA = The Flavour Apprentice

Bear in mind I mix for big cloudy drippers so put quite a lot of flavouring in.
The only person i know that uses v2 custard, ive got 90ml here wasting away and 90mls of DMC that will never get vaped as im sure they changed the recipe from v1 to v2. DAMN YOU TPD i want me nasties back..........[emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom