What's new

Do you wash new bottles?

EVEN IF piss is sterile nobody wants pissy tasting e-liquid (other than Zou) so it doesn't matter.

either way, unless something is serialized in a sterile environment, it's not going to stay sterile anyway. My kitchen table where I mix isn't sterile.... and neither are the bottles with the concentrates in, so as soon as I start mixing something it's not sterile.

so I think we are going off track a bit here ........ as long as the bottles are 'clean' that's all I care about.

As the great danb, chemist extraordinaire and sorely missed from the forum, once informed us. No bacteria or virus can survive more than a few seconds in PG or VG due to the osmotic pressure ripping the very nuclei from their bodies. So I don't think we have to worry about sterility.

either way, unless something is serialized in a sterile environment, it's not going to stay sterile anyway. My kitchen table where I mix isn't sterile.... and neither are the bottles with the concentrates in, so as soon as I start mixing something it's not sterile.

so I think we are going off track a bit here ........ as long as the bottles are 'clean' that's all I care about.

That's why i clean em....just to be sure like....I also clean salad leaves from Tesco's...that are supposed to be clean....whatever your comfortable with...either way.

I know my bottles aren’t going to remain sterile by using miltons, but figured that washing them was likely worse than using them ‘as is’ because water if full of microorganisms... so I’m hoping I’m killing those of

Didn’t want to leave bottles long term with ‘things’ potentially breeding in them

... but I know nothing :)

But the manufacturers bottles most likely come from similar sources as our smaller bottles. So why would we assume theirs are clean and ours are manky?

we have no choice....re their bottles...but we do ours...ya clatty bugger:)

That's why i clean em....just to be sure like....I also clean salad leaves from Tesco's...that are supposed to be clean....whatever your comfortable with...either way.

I think my 'fear' comes from buying attys and them arriving covered in machine oil..... I don't want anything like that in my bottles and it effecting the taste.

... and before you say it @zouzounaki I am fully aware that bottles aren't machined out of stainless steel and won't have machine oil on them. :D

Back
Top Bottom