What's new

Do you wash new bottles?

They might do, I have no idea. I wonder how premade liquid producers go about it? Clean the bottles, or not? We have a few that post on the forum.

I would ask Sam, but unfortunately I won't see the reply. ;)

I probably should... But I went to public school, I've ate worse for dinner than anything I could vape.

that's pretty much the conclusion I came to today after washing a load of new bottles ..... I thought to myself "Do I really need to do this?"

I mean, they look clean, they aren't covered in dust and are in plastic bags from the factory that made them I presume.... I just wasn't sure, I was worried that everyone might go "no, you have to clean them, they have some funky tasting residue on them that turns your e-liquid green"

I worried about plastic bottles one time as well. After worrying about it I bought some glass bottles, but concluded the are a bit of a pain in the arse. Then I realised that even if we buy stuff in glass bottles, or decant it into glass bottles, it was probably already in giant plastic bottles before the vendor decanted it into the smaller glass ones.

I do always decant loose tsipouro into glass bottles though. I think because it’s strong alcohol it might degrade the plastic ones they fill up for you.

I would ask Sam, but unfortunately I won't see the reply. ;)

I think if you tag her she will see it. Then she can click “show ignored comment” when she looks at the thread. Try it, it will be an interesting experiment and might kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I think if you tag her she will see it. Then she can click “show ignored comment” when she looks at the thread. Try it, it will be an interesting experiment and might kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

nah, I'll get accused of saying drip drop don't use hygienic bottles or something.

After all this discussion I’ve got a bit worried about this. Starting tomorrow I shall be sterilising my bottles with urine.

I might post a tutorial about my new urine eliquid bottle cleansing method.

I've often wondered about this myself. Not because I fear they might be dirty or have germs in, but because I fear they might have tiny bits of plastic residue in them, left over from the manufacturing process.
Not that it led to me washing them, ever, and I can't say I have noticed any funky taste from the juices I keep in them, so there's that.

Back
Top Bottom