What's new

Blackfire, need guidance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
I won some Blackfire a while ago - I was about to recreate it before it's all gone

I have a lot of NETs, but was going to try and avoid them as I wanted something that wouldn't gunk coils. I was thinking Flavorah Connecticut Shade. There's also something dairy in there - might be that butterscotch, used very low, would work better than caramel. I was thinking a touch of DNB too, just to dirty it up a bit - not faithful to the original, but think I would enjoy it more

Glad to have you thinking about it too @domejunky , the more the merrier.

Just about to draw a shopping list together but I'll wait a bit longer in case anyone else has some input.

Ooops, forgot the important bit, where are good vendors to source these flavourings, a lot of the recipe links I look up are outdated or dead altogether :S

OK, more hunting... so far I've found... that look reasonable as a first attempt?

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.23.30 am.png

I wouldn’t put glory in it @John R , it tastes like peanuts (I quite like it though).

@domejunky ’s idea of adding dirty neutral blend and butterscotch is a good one.

How about, FA caramel, butterscotch, blackfire, + INW dirty neutral blend, virginia absolute? Or instead of the virginia absolute, go for FLV connecticut shade (I’ve not used it but a lot of people like it. Been planning to get some)? You could pick all of these up from chef’s flavours, and you’ll get the FA ones cheaper in their rebranded flavour creative range.

Careful with the FA black fire, it’s very powerful, a drop per 20ml might be enough.

I'll of course be revisiting the flavours mentioned here as I develop this one :S

Yeah @zouzounaki , I'm initially aiming for 2% caramel and 0.5% glory and 0.5% black fire, test that and adjust from there, probably not be earth shattering, but I reckon I just have to put a stake in the ground and adjust from there, might even find it's totally not in my wheelhouse for flavour, so at that point I'll revisit the other flavours mentioned.

It's all kinda new to me building an end flavour off components as I've generally just used my conc's as they come.

Back
Top Bottom