What's new

Any thoughts on a rhubarb/custard recipe?

froggy666uk

Postman
Morning apes,

I took a punt on 30ml of Vaperizzo 'Rhubarb and Custard candy' in a recent sale, and I'm really enjoying it - a nice change from my usual juices (which to be honest I'm getting a bit bored with!).

Has anyone used this before? It has a nice tart rhubarb flavour, doesn't seem overly custardy, and has a sort of 'fizz' about it, a bit like a refresher sweet.

Looks like Inawera Rhubarb concentrate is well rated, and I'll probably mix with some Cap v1 custard and a touch of sweetener, but does anyone know what would give the fizz I'm talking about?

Cheers,
Dave.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Had a look at the recipe (doh, should have checked first!) and it also contains some strawberry, although I can't really taste it.

I hate spending money on pre-made so would be nice to get something close to this:)

TFA mary jane is exactly like the tart flavour in the rhubarb sweets but with no sweetness.

No idea if they lurk here or if they only live on Reddit but @vapourdepot do (or used to do) a rhubarb and custard juice which tastes exactly like the sweets.

Back
Top Bottom