What's new

Almond cookie

I simply misunderstood what was being looked for...thought you were looking to take it somewhere and didn't realise you only wanted to fill out the Almond Cookie....my bad. I shall don the hat and head for the corner........

No problem. I liked the almond cookie solo when I tried it and thought of using it as a base for a recipe. I for some reason thought of adding cranberry. I tried it with just the three flavors but it was lacking. I did another mix with ssa cranberry jam instead of sc cranberry but haven’t tried it yet.

I’d probably start with a combination of the following:

CAP Sugar cookie
FA Almond
INW Marzipan (small amount)

and see where that took me. I’m experimenting with SSA Shortbread cookie at the moment which I have high hopes for. If that works out it might have a place in this mix as well.

I’d probably start with a combination of the following:

CAP Sugar cookie
FA Almond
INW Marzipan (small amount)

and see where that took me. I’m experimenting with SSA Shortbread cookie at the moment which I have high hopes for. If that works out it might have a place in this mix as well.

So you’re thinking to eliminate the wf almond cookie?

I don’t have it so can’t say how well it would work but a straight up almond cookie wouldn’t be too hard to build from scratch:

cookie stuff + almond stuff + sweeten to taste. Done.

I don’t have it so can’t say how well it would work but a straight up almond cookie wouldn’t be too hard to build from scratch:

cookie stuff + almond stuff + sweeten to taste. Done.

I’m sure you’re right. I have the WF and thought I’d find a use for it. It’s really not bad solo. I’m vaping a tank of it right now. It just gets a little bland after a while. I did mix two more samples using the suggestions I got here. I’m going to let them steep for a week and try them next weekend.

WF Almond Cookie brings quite a lot too, other than lacking depth/texture to the actual cookie part (which Cap V1 has for sure) it's got butter, almonds, vanilla, sugar, cream and some nice caramalised notes.

It's a really good flavour imo, my mixing theory is always "why used 6 flavours to replace 1?" Using something like WF Almond Cookie gives you a really good headstart imo.

I’ve tried three of five different versions of this so far and think the cranberry isn’t going to work in it. I have two left to try but don’t have high hopes.

Back
Top Bottom