What's new

Storm rider, where to start?

9668harry

Achiever
I've got myself a storm rider 2.3 on the way and I'm looking for some advice as to where to start mesh wise. It's a pretty standard looking genny by all accounts but until it's in my hands, I can't tell you how big the wick holes are etc. From the little bit of research I've done, I've ordered some #400 and #200 mesh, I usually vape 70vg, which I know is probably on the higher vg side for mesh but from what I've read, it can be done, I hope so anyway [emoji1].
(I could make some higher pg up though I suppose)

So can anyone recommend a good starting point ie solid/straw/topper etc, etc.

#400 mesh is only good up to about 50/50, I'd start with a simple #200 straw personally, get used to coiling and working with mesh before you start looking at the slightly more complex builds

#400 mesh is only good up to about 50/50, I'd start with a simple #200 straw personally, get used to coiling and working with mesh before you start looking at the slightly more complex builds

Cheers matey, I'll give it ago. [emoji1]

I've had a right old genie nightmare today.

Storm rider arrived this morning, got home about 4:30pm and waisted no time putting a build in. Vaping lovely for about 20 mins. Then the problems started.

I noticed my mech wasn't hitting right, very inconsistent. I took it off the mech and put it on one of my regulated box's. It would fire one minute and then check atty the next. I took my build out and noticed the positive post/pin was loose and spinning. Nipped it up and started to put a new build in, it started spinning again. Nipped it up again but now it just would not tighten no matter what. I disassembled the atty to find the top insulator had basically tore itself apart.

So that's it, broken in less then 30mins, I'm gutted [emoji22]

I've sent steamboy a message to see if they can post me out a new insulator. To be honest with you, looking st the post configuration, there was no wonder it broke, a really silly design if you ask me.

Fingers crossed I get some joy from steamboy.

Can you post some pics? I'm interested

I've managed to Jerry-rig it back together using what's left of the top insulator and it seems to be holding at the min. Only problem now is this new wick I've made isn't keeping up with my liquid so I'm going to have do it again. I must have rolled it too tight as the first one was perfect [emoji30]. I'll take a pic of the insulator for you shortly , I think I need to put it down for a bit and take a break before I do something rash and take a hammer to hit, lol.

Back
Top Bottom