What's new

NextTiny tutorial (any central pole Genny really just change mesh dimensions)

Here's a turn up for the books. I've just been informed by Mrs VC (who is into all sorts of crafts and whatnot) that she is happy to cut my mesh into the required dimensions and will at some point this morning do a batch for me :D

I wonder how she'll take to torching them?
Ha ha! You only need 1 piece done, once you have this working then next step will be a mesh in mesh :)

She might like torching and also rolling :)

3 to 4 wraps, aim for 0.8 to 1. GO FOR IT!
That's giving me well, I dunno what but it ain't no 0.8 to 1ohm :D

All that happens is that it either blows the wire apart when I initially pulse (at 6w) or it glows briefly, gives an error message which, after tugging at hte coils slightly then goes away and results in the coil being blown apart :D

I've got fitting the mesh down to a 'T', i'm wrapping lightly, its easy to pick at the wraps, fitting it and wrapping the coil is easy now.

I feel very discouraged (no shit sherlock :D) because getting it to work (if I eventually) do, will just be one great big accident and i'll just have the same long winded and very very frustrating thing the next time. I can't see past throwing this as far as I can and saving myself the angst :D

Last measured resistance was 0.10 ohms, 4 wraps 0.32

oooh! an extra wrap gives 0.7 ohms, i'm glowing top and bottom.

Last edited:
@Vaped Crusader, use a mech. This isn't going to sound professional but, it's better to build on a mech because with the fluctuations in ohms and the error messages indicates it generally shorting. If you build and play with the coil on a mech it's easier to deal with, if it's shorting it'll still fire (unlike a regulated) and you can jiggle it. I only generally put mine on a regulated or ohms reader after I've fettled it into a working build to confirm my ohms not to tell me what they are if that makes sense. Use a low charged cell to pulse the coil until it's glowing evenly

Last measured resistance was 0.10 ohms, 4 wraps 0.32

oooh! an extra wrap gives 0.7 ohms, i'm glowing top and bottom.

@Vaped Crusader, use a mech. This isn't going to sound professional but, it's better to build on a mech because with the fluctuations in ohms and the error messages indicates it generally shorting. If you build and play with the coil on a mech it's easier to deal with, if it's shorting it'll still fire (unlike a regulated) and you can jiggle it. I only generally put mine on a regulated or ohms reader after I've fettled it into a working build to confirm my ohms not to tell me what they are if that makes sense. Use a low charged cell to pulse the coil until it's glowing evenly

What @Jugg1es said :). You will get there! (sorry been out and not seen any pings on phone :( )

Make sure the nut and screw are tight that could be causing the hot spots.. its done that to me enough times :)

Thanks for the advice guys but I don't think i've got a mech.......i'll have a look in my box and if I have i'll let you know :D

EDIT: Damn, I just had it where all but one coil looked good, the whole mesh thing glowed. But it went away :(

Thanks for the advice guys but I don't think i've got a mech.......i'll have a look in my box and if I have i'll let you know :D

EDIT: Damn, I just had it where all but one coil looked good, the whole mesh thing glowed. But it went away :(
Soooooo close lol. You'll get it.

The annoying thing is once you have done it once. It's dead easy the next time as you know what to do without thinking about it.
It will be worth it, believe me.

OOOOH!

I got them all glowing, the top wrap is brighter than the rest but they are all glowing.

Zippadee doo dah, zippadee day

*does cartwheels, puts hand over gentialia and thrusts crotch in and out and start singing 'big bad wolf.....big bad wolf'

OOOOH!

I got them all glowing, the top wrap is brighter than the rest but they are all glowing.

Zippadee doo dah, zippadee day

*does cartwheels, puts hand over gentialia and thrusts crotch in and out and start signing 'big bad wolf.....big bad wolf'
CONGRATS!! just check the nut at top it may of come a little loose that could be causing the little hot spot.

Use pliars or tweezers will be hot I still have burn marks lol.

Back
Top Bottom