POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nextiny Resistance

Discussion in 'All Things Mesh and Genesis' started by eightbitraptor, Jul 9, 2016.

1. eightbitraptor

eightbitraptor Achiever

I've got a nextiny clone that I've put a mesh wick in. No coil yet, just the wick. It's well oxidised, juice torched with no hanging bits etc.

When I put it on my resistance checker it's reading about 5.5 ohms. Is this normal?

2. Jugg1es

Jugg1es Veteran

What does it say without the mesh?

3. eightbitraptor

eightbitraptor Achiever

That's a good shout. It gives me the correct reading, the dashes that indicate an open circuit so I'm pretty sure the atty itself isn't shorting.

4. Jugg1es

Jugg1es Veteran

Coil it, raise the mesh slightly when you do. The mesh might be shorting on the base.

• Like Like x 3
  5. hodge40

hodge40 Achiever

Glenn knows his mesh onions, always leave a little gap at bottom,wick better that way too

• Like Like x 1
  6. vapemac

vapemac Veteran

Sorry for highjacking your thread eightbyte but could you recommend some good you tube tutorials for genny builds? Or would you have time to put up a few pictures of your build as you go eightbyte? :) I'm seriously considering one and im trying to get as much info as possible

7. Jugg1es

Jugg1es Veteran

I learnt to wick a sat22 from this video
    The principles are the same for everything I use. @decson has put together a nice nextiny build thread with pics and hints here https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=105545&share_fid=49796&share_type=t
    NextTiny tutorial (any central pole Genny really just change mesh dimensions)

• Like Like x 3
  8. hodge40

hodge40 Achiever

Mesh god right there

9. eightbitraptor

eightbitraptor Achiever

This must have been exactly what was happening. I unwrapped the mesh and rewrapped it, being careful to keep it high on the post and it's now showing a open circuit without a coil.

Have to nip out to IKEA now () but I'll coil it and post pics later. Thanks for the help!

10. vapemac

vapemac Veteran

I had seen decson's step by step, it's pretty good. That lad in that video must have asbestos fingers with that mesh!