What's new

Mesh wire and wicking

Dezy

Postman
Hi

Just done my first ever mesh for wicking on a Steam Crave Aromamizer, feeling a bit chuffed atm as it is wicking max VG liquid at 65 watts using the fused Clapton mesh. (Fingers crossed .. only a few days will truly tell) Was starting to lose faith in mesh tanks as I can only ever seem to get them running with no dry hits if I am using more pg than I want to (PG allergy).

Given up on the vapefly Seigfried now after buying flaming two of them, due to the design I can't figure a way of using mesh to aid the wicking. definitely going to use this method on the titan and the profile m when it turns up.

Any of you use mesh for wicking on your tanks? if so do certain types of mesh wick better than others? I have used the Vandy Vape mesh on a roll for it.

ohh and don't worry I have checked the ohms to make sure I'm not touching anything with the wick that I shouldn't be, and they are being used on a regulated mod anyway.

Any of you use mesh for wicking on your tanks? if so do certain types of mesh wick better than others? I have used the Vandy Vape mesh on a roll for it.

Used it myself, bit tricky and untidy, I have to secure one side of the mesh, place the cotton under the mesh and then secure the other side, it vaped better than I expected.

I only use mesh RTAs/RDAs now and whilst I've never used the Vandy Vape mesh roll, I can definitely vouch for the OFRF nexMesh strips (KA1 and SS316L) and the newer/wider WoToFo nexMesh strips (these are designed for the Profile 1.5 RDA, Profile M and Profile RDTA but they can be trimmed to fit any deck). Flavour is amazing, and I've never had the dreaded mesh dry hit (a few toasty draws maybe, but only from not noticing I've ran out of liquid or when the mesh is gunked up and needs cleaned/changed).

I find both of these work best with Vandy Vape M cotton and Firebolt M cotton as both are nice and dense. I did try the Steam Crave Mesh cotton but didn't like it as it doesn't feel like it can keep up with how thirsty mesh tanks are, nor does it last as long before needed to be re-wicked.

If you're getting a Profile M then you'll get to try the new WoToFo nexMesh as it comes with a few in the box, and their fancy new Clapton mesh.

I only use mesh RTAs/RDAs now and whilst I've never used the Vandy Vape mesh roll, I can definitely vouch for the OFRF nexMesh strips (KA1 and SS316L) and the newer/wider WoToFo nexMesh strips (these are designed for the Profile 1.5 RDA, Profile M and Profile RDTA but they can be trimmed to fit any deck). Flavour is amazing, and I've never had the dreaded mesh dry hit (a few toasty draws maybe, but only from not noticing I've ran out of liquid or when the mesh is gunked up and needs cleaned/changed).

I find both of these work best with Vandy Vape M cotton and Firebolt M cotton as both are nice and dense. I did try the Steam Crave Mesh cotton but didn't like it as it doesn't feel like it can keep up with how thirsty mesh tanks are, nor does it last as long before needed to be re-wicked.

If you're getting a Profile M then you'll get to try the new WoToFo nexMesh as it comes with a few in the box, and their fancy new Clapton mesh.

Already got some clapton mesh .. awesome .. almost like the best of both worlds, warm like a coil but with the flavour of the mesh.

I think me getting dry hits is purely down to two things ..
1) I have a PG allergy/intolerance so I tend to make my mixes max VG prob about 80/20. This does not seem to work well in tanks
2) Liking my vape at higher wattages.

Going to give tanks a few more chances, but if they just are too finickety I will prob go back to Squonking my Profiles.

Back
Top Bottom