What's new

Le Zephyr - I'm nearly there, but not quite!

I should also add, I generally use 26g rather than 28g. It stays in shape better, and gives a bit more surface area. Usually build to about 1-1.2ohm...

Do you still have the metal bar that came with the Zephr? I use that for the coil - and install it. Then roll the inner on the bar (200sf), then roll the outer on top of that. I then transfer this onto a screw driver, which is 2.4mm I think, and roll it until it slides reasonably easily inside the coil. Then I do the burn and quench. Sometimes helps to cut the bottom of the mesh at a 45° angle...

I should also add, I generally use 26g rather than 28g. It stays in shape better, and gives a bit more surface area. Usually build to about 1-1.2ohm...

And again, thanks:)

Yes, still have the metal former and I'll do as you suggest...could be that I've rolled too tightly. Both my inner wicks were rolled without any former and sounds as though that could be one of my issues.
Cutting at 45 deg sounds a good idea too.

I will get there!

You need a way for negative pressure in the tank to equalise. For a small wick hole this is normally the gap between the wick hole and the mesh. With a fat hole and and mesh wick I've discovered that it can be down the centre of the wick. With clear juices I can see bubbles coming from the bottom of the wick

Back
Top Bottom