Innokin
What's new

Wicking advice needed.

Thom2022

Postman
Hey guys. Really getting into this cloud chasing and also find its the only way I can vape at all and find it satisfying. If I can see once I've exhaled I'm not happy. :p
For the most part I use my mephisto but I find it annoying for on the go and so had a search for good cloud chasing RTA's. Decided to go for a silver play (regret not getting the billow v2) as it was in my price range and I'm starting to struggle with it. Been running at around .4-.5 for a while and I decided to have a crack at going lower. Got a dual parallel build that's 4 wraps at .19 ohms. But I can't use it as I get one of three scenarios. It either floods, dry hits like a mother fucker or produces a load of lovely vape with no flavour and a slightly hot cottony taste which makes me want to be sick.
Can anyone advise please as I'm at a loss but REALLY want to get this build nailed as it has the chance of being epic. I've tried the less is more approach to cotton, I've tried the bow tie wick. Tried flush to the deck. Just off the deck, tip dipped in the juice channel. Literally, you name it I've probably tried it. The cotton I'm using is just boggo Japanese cotton squares which I cut into about a 1.5mm thick strand and then tear a layer off and use that. I've read people going on about muji cotton and cotton bacon and I can't help but be sceptical. What makes it so good.
Thanks
Thom

Last edited:
Innokin
I couldn't get on with a RTA. I think I pull too strongly for them and dry out the wicks. Not the answer to your question I know!

Back
Top Bottom