What's new

Where's the flavour gone ?

michael2003x

Postman
Hello, I'm using a segelei 100w box mod at the moment. I've got some great juices (Mothersmilk,Orphan tears,Krny4,Valhalla) The thing is, I get huge clouds of vapor but hardly any flavour ( when I use a Kayfun these flavours are immense). I am currently using an IgoW6 with quad coils of 10x 0.5 kanthal coming in at 0.2 ohms. To get the big clouds I'm using at 30w. Can anyone recommend a coil set up to improve the flavour without sacrificing the clouds ?

Hello, I'm using a segelei 100w box mod at the moment. I've got some great juices (Mothersmilk,Orphan tears,Krny4,Valhalla) The thing is, I get huge clouds of vapor but hardly any flavour ( when I use a Kayfun these flavours are immense). I am currently using an IgoW6 with quad coils of 10x 0.5 kanthal coming in at 0.2 ohms. To get the big clouds I'm using at 30w. Can anyone recommend a coil set up to improve the flavour without sacrificing the clouds ?

Have you tried shutting off the airflow?

+1 for closing airflow a bit and try that , with it open to much you will sacrifice some flavour

Coil position relative to the airflow is absolutely key to flavour in a dripper. Make sure there is plenty of space around the coil so air can reach it and it isn't overstuffed with cotton. Think about the path the air takes as it enters the dripper and exits through the driptip and ensure you have placed your coils within the airstream.

+1 for what Diche said I had this same problem than realised my coils was to low so the air was only just catching the top of the coil lifted them a touch and it made the world of diffrence

Sorted

Thanks for the replies. I found a Mephisto clone I had knocking around and quad coiled it. Those things have massive air holes and I've got the flavour back with massive clouds. The draw is so good that you can vape at 40w and it's still a cool vape. (although very greedy on the batteries)

Back
Top Bottom