What's new

Veteran coilers advice required.

I have a mate who vapes at just that ohmage on the noisy cricket, his batteries get ridiculously hot and the vape is insanely hot as well, I gave him a bollocking but he still does it.
Wow,

Can we book him for a talk (assuming he has enough of his jaw left)
As and when he does himself damage?

Seriously though, I don't know you or your mate, but series is a totally different beast, as a rule li-on cells don't like being in series and they are far more erratic when stressed and imbalanced, I'd maybe get a little more agressive with your "advice"!

My opinion of course, please feel free to tell me to nob off!

It'll handle .25. I don't guarantee it under .28, so you're taking it out of the guarantee zone and you'd be pushing the batteries but I've done around that on a few boxes I've made to the same spec and it's fine. DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility if you do go below the guaranteed limit.
I wouldn't go that low in series AMD I'm sure @ax would be thinking the same.

I'd whack a massive set of 28g fused Clapton's on there if rocking series.

I know there's every chance that box would hold up under negative ohms, just thought I'd tag you in so you could you could cast some of your sage like wisdom on the topic.

I wouldn't go that low in series AMD I'm sure @ax would be thinking the same.

I'd whack a massive set of 28g fused Clapton's on there if rocking series.
Just a follow up to your advice. Dual 3.5mm 28g (alleged...I say this because it's geek Vape wire[emoji6] ) fused Claptons .5 ohms in series on the switcheroo...

uploadfromtaptalk1461271249151.jpg

Erm I would say 'good call'[emoji106] To be fair I could have dropped a wrap but she's 'a chucking flavour for fun' as she is!

I have a mate who vapes at just that ohmage on the noisy cricket, his batteries get ridiculously hot and the vape is insanely hot as well, I gave him a bollocking but he still does it.
I'll just leave this here.......found it on another thread 0.13 build...this is why I'm so bloody careful with mine

Attachments

• 9rfQ1wF.jpg
    9rfQ1wF.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 70
Is that a noisy cricket? OMFG
Yup that's why battery safety is such a big thing with mods like this...I've accidently screwed the caps down on the wrong sides and the coils I had nearly bloody melted....what I get for being complacent. Lesson learned though

Yup that's why battery safety is such a big thing with mods like this...I've accidently screwed the caps down on the wrong sides and the coils I had nearly bloody melted....what I get for being complacent. Lesson learned though
The lowest I have ever been is .23 and that was on a reg mod...I wouldn't dream of going that low unreg.

That build at .13 on fully charged batteries was equivalent to over and about 500 watts and drawing about 60 amps, in a word...boom!

The lowest I have ever been is .23 and that was on a reg mod...I wouldn't dream of going that low unreg.

That build at .13 on fully charged batteries was equivalent to over and about 500 watts and drawing about 60 amps, in a word...boom!
Yup scary scary stuff innit...yeah

.13 is a wee bit silly...I've built builds on my ohm reader that low but bottled putting it on any of my mods....I use .3 ish for my hex .6 ish for my crickets and .3 ish for my fuchai

Back
Top Bottom