What's new

Vaping at high temps

How do you all vape at such high temps? I bought the alien 220w mod and tfv8 tank and set it to 100w and nearly blow my lungs out. How do people vape at the recommended watt for that tank which is 120w and over without choking to death? Is it something you gradually get used to or what?

You answered your own question there buddy... Sub ohm is something you gradually get used to and its preferential how warm a vape you like.. Its not a competition to see who can wallop it at 150 watts + and different tanks and builds and stock coils require different wattages... Find whats best and comfortable for YOUR style of vaping and dont think you have to join who can piss the highest gang...

What city461 said.
Lower your wattage a bit then, just increase the untill you find the warmth and vape style what works for you.
If you dont like sub ohming try a MTL tank its more like a ciggie then clouds bro clouds and you can run them a 13-20w. Aspire Nautilus/mini Kanger toptank mini plus many more out there.

"Recommended" doesn't mean you can't vape lower. Recommended on my Cleito 120 is 100 to 120W and "can handle 160W" so I started at 50 progressing to 100 and settled at 85 in one and 75 in the other. Try it on the TFV8.

You answered your own question there buddy... Sub ohm is something you gradually get used to and its preferential how warm a vape you like.. Its not a competition to see who can wallop it at 150 watts + and different tanks and builds and stock coils require different wattages... Find whats best and comfortable for YOUR style of vaping and dont think you have to join who can piss the highest gang...
Exactly what Jerry has said really.....

That funny fellow @south coast vapes sent me a screen shot from a whats app conversation we had about 18 months ago.....about me "really pushing the watts at 35w [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Like everybody else that's been vaping a while we all start fairly low on the watts......if you think about it, the ce4's were capable of what? 4 or 5 watts?

Over nearly 4 years of vaping I've gone from the ce4 to the iclears, then the kayfun and taifun, both of which were sub 15 watts and builds of between 1.4ohms (that was low) to around 1.8 ohms (that was the norm) I remember building a 1 ohm coil with @whipitup a few years ago when I got a DNA20 and we wanted to build "low" [emoji16] went to 18 watts on that fucker

Vaping at 100+ watts has been a very slow and gradual journey for me....lots and lots of different builds and mods not to mention the dozens of different atties....

Personally, I never push a stock coil anywhere near the published max....Unless I've built it myself I never trust them.....

Exactly what Jerry has said really.....

That funny fellow @south coast vapes sent me a screen shot from a whats app conversation we had about 18 months ago.....about me "really pushing the watts at 35w [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Like everybody else that's been vaping a while we all start fairly low on the watts......if you think about it, the ce4's were capable of what? 4 or 5 watts?

Over nearly 4 years of vaping I've gone from the ce4 to the iclears, then the kayfun and taifun, both of which were sub 15 watts and builds of between 1.4ohms (that was low) to around 1.8 ohms (that was the norm) I remember building a 1 ohm coil with @whipitup a few years ago when I got a DNA20 and we wanted to build "low" [emoji16] went to 18 watts on that fucker

Vaping at 100+ watts has been a very slow and gradual journey for me....lots and lots of different builds and mods not to mention the dozens of different atties....

Personally, I never push a stock coil anywhere near the published max....Unless I've built it myself I never trust them.....
The good ole days... I remember buying an Innokin 134, a big fist full that went to the dizzy heights of 12.5 watts max...Some chap in the pub said to me " Fookin hell What you need that much power for? Youll never use it to the max you twat..."
Then all of a sudden were all building sub 1.0 ohm and the game changed...
@MrTeaTime will remeber about 1 year ago this month our first Manc meet there was a young man there whom I wont mention his name (@pixelhazard ) who was vaping at 15 watts quite happily but was inquisitive about our set ups... 5 mins later we rebuilt and cranked his device up to 75 watss and he never looked back although he got a severe bolloking off his doris for the cloudy house and the amount of juice he started gong through...
Vaping is very subjective and there is nothing wrong with MTL or restricted or sub ohm vaping.. its totally your choice..
Like going in a pub, some like bitter, some lager, some cider.... its up to you or in @3dj case Babycham...

I think watts are a little misleading anyway, because 50w @ 1ohm is very different to 50w @0.15ohm, so bear that in mind too.

I think watts are a little misleading anyway, because 50w @ 1ohm is very different to 50w @0.15ohm, so bear that in mind too.
Totally. Vapers for some reason still chase target watts or ohms and completely miss the point.
Nobody's mentioned it yet but airflow, for fuck's sake ... airflow. :)

How do you all vape at such high temps? I bought the alien 220w mod and tfv8 tank and set it to 100w and nearly blow my lungs out. How do people vape at the recommended watt for that tank which is 120w and over without choking to death? Is it something you gradually get used to or what?

rofl .... the answer is we don't 'all vape at such high temps'

I'm currently vaping at 11w but as has been said it all relative to the resistance of the coil. ... a low resistance coil probably wouldn't even get hot enough to vape at 11w

Back
Top Bottom