What's new

Twisted messes clone taste crap

yesitsme

Initiate
Hi everyone I brought a TM rda couple of weeks back and been trying everything I can to make it taste good but not having any luck. Iv tried using different ohms with different builds like Clapton and twisted coils but taste rubbish no matter what I do. You name it iv tried. It chucks the clouds out but taste absolutely shit.

I only paid 13 quid on amazon so not lost much, but I'm put off from buying another dripper as it was my first and feel frustrated from wasting so much juice trying to get it tasting right.

I been using it on a istick 30w but was thinking it could be that, not enough wattage but then I think more wattage more crap taste ill get from it. I'm going to get a better mod at the end of the month. If still taste crap ill throw it as it's been annoying or give it away for someone else to confirm it's not very good.

Has anyone else had problems with the clone?.

Cheers.

Might sound daft but did you strip down and wash thoroughly the atty before using it? Most gadgets still come with a wee smear or two of machine oil on them that'll mess up your vape.

The TM is more a 'cloudz chucker' dripper tho' from what I've gathered. You might want to have a look for a Velocity or a ye olde Mephisto ( my personal recommendation) as they give me plenty tasty vape.

Might sound daft but did you strip down and wash thoroughly the atty before using it? Most gadgets still come with a wee smear or two of machine oil on them that'll mess up your vape.

The TM is more a 'cloudz chucker' dripper tho' from what I've gathered. You might want to have a look for a Velocity or a ye olde Mephisto ( my personal recommendation) as they give me plenty tasty vape.

Hi yea I did clean it out a few times with fairy liquid as it stank of machine oil, I do a bit of manual machining at work so know that smell too well. Although there is still a faint smell of it left, I'm wondering if there is still some left which hasn't come out.

It doesn't taste burnt or anything when I use it, just literally has no flavour but the same juice taste amazing in my subtank with a 28g twisted build so do wonder if it's just a rda I don't like....I like big flavours.

I had a look at those two rdas you recommend, which one would be better for flavour chasing you rekon?, I really like the look of the mephisto v2, I found a clone of it by tobeco on vapeandecigstore.co.uk, dunno if it's a good website.

Cheers.

Hi everyone I brought a TM rda couple of weeks back and been trying everything I can to make it taste good but not having any luck. Iv tried using different ohms with different builds like Clapton and twisted coils but taste rubbish no matter what I do. You name it iv tried. It chucks the clouds out but taste absolutely shit.

I only paid 13 quid on amazon so not lost much, but I'm put off from buying another dripper as it was my first and feel frustrated from wasting so much juice trying to get it tasting right.

I been using it on a istick 30w but was thinking it could be that, not enough wattage but then I think more wattage more crap taste ill get from it. I'm going to get a better mod at the end of the month. If still taste crap ill throw it as it's been annoying or give it away for someone else to confirm it's not very good.

Has anyone else had problems with the clone?.

Cheers.
As above , make sure its clean of machine oil but I think also the iStick 30 is not enough umpf. What Ohms you running at? If you have dual claptons as well the ramp up time will be slow at under 30w.. either change your build or pop it on a different mod with more wattage and see if that makes a difference..

As above , make sure its clean of machine oil but I think also the iStick 30 is not enough umpf. What Ohms you running at? If you have dual claptons as well the ramp up time will be slow at under 30w.. either change your build or pop it on a different mod with more wattage and see if that makes a difference..

Hi I was thinking it could be my 30w istick, iv had it nearly a year now. The build I was doing on the atty was single coil 0.4 to 0.5 but I had to go up to 25 to 30w to get the rda to work properly and found the istick really doesn't like it as on full charge it would drop in power and say battery low, also the istick would keep changing ohm reading too and over heat after a few tokes using the rda.

Planning to get a new mod at the end of the month so will give the rda a test run on it.

Cheers.

Hi yea I did clean it out a few times with fairy liquid as it stank of machine oil, I do a bit of manual machining at work so know that smell too well. Although there is still a faint smell of it left, I'm wondering if there is still some left which hasn't come out.

It doesn't taste burnt or anything when I use it, just literally has no flavour but the same juice taste amazing in my subtank with a 28g twisted build so do wonder if it's just a rda I don't like....I like big flavours.

I had a look at those two rdas you recommend, which one would be better for flavour chasing you rekon?, I really like the look of the mephisto v2, I found a clone of it by tobeco on vapeandecigstore.co.uk, dunno if it's a good website.

Cheers.

If you unscrew the 510 pin and give that a go as well - that one I learned from a few fast tech orders!

As @city461 says you might need a bit more oompph to really get it going. When I do dual Claptons in the Velocity I have it at around 40-45 Watts and even then there is a bit of ramp up time.

I'd go for the Velocity as it is far more flexible, I gave a spare one to a chap at work and he has fallen head over heels with it. It is very easy to build on due to the post design and the are lots of airflow options so you can go full cloudz loony or get a nice tasty vape.
https://www.elegantvapour.co.uk/rebuildables/rda-dripping-others/velocity-style - good guys there, worth a punt. Unless you want to wait for a delivery from china!

Drop me a PM with your address and I'll make you up a pair of NiChrome cored Claptons that'll work on the TM and the istick to a better extent than what you've currently got.

Oh, and check out DNA vapes for cracking deals on higher powered box mods...not trying to lead you astray, but.....

I fully strip tank (I know you are a dripper) as far as they will go.
O-rings off the lot etc.
Steep in Hot water and Milton sterelising fluid for a few hour then good rinse & dry.
Then I repeat if still taste a bit funky.

Remember to dry burn your wire in case it is that also.

Hi I was thinking it could be my 30w istick, iv had it nearly a year now. The build I was doing on the atty was single coil 0.4 to 0.5 but I had to go up to 25 to 30w to get the rda to work properly and found the istick really doesn't like it as on full charge it would drop in power and say battery low, also the istick would keep changing ohm reading too and over heat after a few tokes using the rda.

Planning to get a new mod at the end of the month so will give the rda a test run on it.

Cheers.
think you found your problem there.... personally i am at 45-50 watt minimum on a dripper at 0.5... as @EmbraSewerRat said a velocity deck is more forgiving in my opinion and a clone is pretty cheap, tghe Tobeco one is supposed to be the best of the rest. I started on a clone and like it so much got the authentic avidvaper one soon after... Its all subjective, what suits us might not be your cup of tea... most important safe vaping

You'll want at least double that wattage when running dual claptons. Make sure you've stripped it down totally removing o-rings and whatnot and soak in vodka overnight

If you unscrew the 510 pin and give that a go as well - that one I learned from a few fast tech orders!

As @city461 says you might need a bit more oompph to really get it going. When I do dual Claptons in the Velocity I have it at around 40-45 Watts and even then there is a bit of ramp up time.

I'd go for the Velocity as it is far more flexible, I gave a spare one to a chap at work and he has fallen head over heels with it. It is very easy to build on due to the post design and the are lots of airflow options so you can go full cloudz loony or get a nice tasty vape.
https://www.elegantvapour.co.uk/rebuildables/rda-dripping-others/velocity-style - good guys there, worth a punt. Unless you want to wait for a delivery from china!

Drop me a PM with your address and I'll make you up a pair of NiChrome cored Claptons that'll work on the TM and the istick to a better extent than what you've currently got.

Oh, and check out DNA vapes for cracking deals on higher powered box mods...not trying to lead you astray, but.....

Hi, thanks a lot. Will get the rda from the website you linked to and will check out dna vapes. That would be cool if I could have a go on those claptons if not to much trouble, I'm rubbish at making stuff like that. I'm ok at simple twisted coils lol. I'll forward you my addy later tonight if that's ok?...Thanks.

Cheers everyone, I should have it sorted now, I'll take the rda right apart as I never taken the center post out or o-rings so will do that tonight. I think the tiny amount of machine oil was affecting the taste as I could smell it still this morning after sitting it over night in fairy liquid water. Also will get new mod this week I can't wait till end month it's a long time to wait.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom