What's new

Twisted clapton

martin123

Postman
Have any of you tried a twisted dual strand core claptoned?

Say 2 twisted 26awg kanthal claptoned with 36awg ni80? Ones I've seen seem really loose twists, but I was thinking of twisting tight then the clapton would sit nice.

Guessing it's like a fused clapton but I'm thinking it's got more space for juice to fall between the gaps giving more flavour and vapour? Any experience/advice welcome

Helllllooooo is there anyone out there?!? [emoji1] [emoji1] must not be able to see this post for the amount of clouds[emoji13] [emoji13]

Did you do it? how was it?
I've been working nights so not had chance to try it but might just give it a go see how it turns out.. By then my new ohm meter should be here, last one crapped out on me[emoji21]

I will be posting pictures and my review of it on here once done

I bought a spool of fused clapton that was twisted to shit. not a fan. Look forward to your review

Take a week to heat up with all that Kanthal, but it'll give you time to admire it ;)

Take a week to heat up with all that Kanthal, but it'll give you time to admire it ;)
It would be same amount of kanthal as a dual core fused clapton wouldn't it. Twisting wouldn't shrink it that much would it[emoji44]

Last edited:
In fact ignore me guys I posted it wrong[emoji21] [emoji21] [emoji21]
I was supposed to say 2 26awg wires twisted together then claptoned[emoji21]

In fact ignore me guys I posted it wrong[emoji21] [emoji21] [emoji21]
I was supposed to say 2 26awg wires twisted together then claptoned[emoji21]
Don't know why you would twist them first though, by doing so won't you give yourself less surface area? Personally I would just wrap the 2 or 3 26awg with your wrap and give yourself as much surface area as you can [emoji6]

Don't know why you would twist them first though, by doing so won't you give yourself less surface area? Personally I would just wrap the 2 or 3 26awg with your wrap and give yourself as much surface area as you can [emoji6]
Didn't think of surface area to be honest, I was thinking of little juice canals that would be between the twisted wire and claptoned wire. Didn't know if it would change much up flavour wise

Back
Top Bottom