What's new

To SMOK or not to SMOK?

whitty23

Initiate
Hi everyone, I've just bought my first RDTA, the Coilart Azeroth, to get better clouds and flavour but am now finding I need a new box mod that can give me the power without telling me my batteries are weak every time I hit the button. I have been looking at a lot but as usual there are too many to choose from so wondered if you guys could help me out. The main one that keeps popping up is the SMOK Alien 220w, which I do like the look of but I also know it's older than some now and don't want to spend the money on it and find they release a v2 next week (this seems to happen a lot to me). If any of you were looking for a new mod to help chuck clouds but also give good battery life, which one would you choose? Cheers.

Plenty of dual 18650 mods out there, sigelei 213 is one of my favourites, had it a while but feels nice in the hand and has never missed a beat so far

Cheers guys, Just checking them both and comparing. Both look good, I prefer the look of the sigelei 213 but by reviews I'm seeing the Alien still seems to be kicking ass. I guess the only thing to do is try them out from here.

Smoant Charon 218 or the Smoant Battlestar are both brilliant mods for a great price, would certainly recommend the Charon, absolutely loving mine, havent even looked at my Alien since buying it

Would agree with all the above. The Alien is a cracking mod in wattage mode. Feels perfect in the hand, great screen, easy to navigate menus and a dream of a firing bar that just lets you pick up the mod, squeeze it any damned way you please and away she goes. Brilliant stuff. Batteries last forever, atties sit very prettily on it. Paint quality is poor, they might have fixed it but I doubt it. Sucks all the ass in TC mode, don't buy it if you want to try TC.
I'm digging the Joyetech Primo mods at the moment. Both the Primo 2.0 and Primo mini are belters. TC chip to die for.

The new versions of the Alien dont have the shoddypaint jobs anymore, they actually realised a lacquer is good for something, pretty gutted about that as if I had waited to buy one, I wouldnt have one that looks like its beenthrown down a rocky mountainside. I do LOVE the side fire, and the info on the screen but the paint, delay on the firing and the TC really let it down for me...

Cheers guys, Just checking them both and comparing. Both look good, I prefer the look of the sigelei 213 but by reviews I'm seeing the Alien still seems to be kicking ass. I guess the only thing to do is try them out from here.
Again, by all accounts, the Sigelei 213 is great in wattage and broken in TC mode. Nice looking mod that again feels quality, comfy and weighty in the hand.

I've been hearing a lot about the Smoant mods mentioned and all of it positive. If you have a bit more cash then the minikin v2 is lovely, seems to be some quality issues reported about this as well though.

Back
Top Bottom