What's new

time to try summat new

robertgoldring

Achiever
I got a mephisto a while back, and for the life in me I just can't get owt good good built in it, I have no probs building for the itaste vapour forge, everything I build in the mephisto is just ... Well... Crap,
So. Out came the drill and the 32 awg, twisted then twisted, looks good , but how many wraps should I do around what? I'm aiming for a high 0.3, I've checked with ohms law and the batts should be capable,
Nothing too difficult please and its not twisted 32awg, its twisted twisted

Thanks folk,

Rob

Raguri blademansw Chegs gords1001 IrishHobo

@anyone

Last edited:
When you say crap, do you mean crap flavour, or crap vapour production, or both?

My advice then is:

Stick with the VF.

Half of the battle with this game is finding something that works for YOU. Just because Billy Jo Bob on YouTube says "wow, this thing is great, best thing since sliced bread, sick as tits..." means fuck all.

I thought the TOBH was brilliant as I had been recommended it, it was my first RDA. Then I discovered the heaven that is the 454 Big Block, which works far better for me than the TOBH ever managed, by a huge margin.

My advice then is:

Stick with the VF.

Half of the battle with this game is finding something that works for YOU. Just because Billy Jo Bob on YouTube says "wow, this thing is great, best thing since sliced bread, sick as tits..." means fuck all.

I thought the TOBH was brilliant as I had been recommended it, it was my first RDA. Then I discovered the heaven that is the 454 Big Block, which works far better for me than the TOBH ever managed, by a huge margin.

Yeah it is looking like that may be my best bet, wierd though how coils can work so differently in different rdas, if the post screws were a little better on the vf, I'd be quite a happy man,
My wifes actualy looking at the 454,

My mephisto is dead :( Melted the supposedly PEEK insulator,and when I tried to swap the old insulator for the new,the fucker split as it was too large to fit in the base so I used huge amounts of effort to force it in,& it simply distorted and split.I'm now back on the Zenith which I'm content with apart from the slits for the wires are a royal PITA to get twisted kanthal through & aren't fucking big enough to get 6 x 0.5mm kanthal parallel through the centre post.I checked yesterday & the centre post will take 3 pieces of 0.5mm and 1 piece of 0.25mm,so presently rocking single strands of 0.5mm.This was wound on a 2mm drill(10 turns either side)to give huge coils that only just fit under the bloody cap & the driptip turns into a welding rod after 3 tokes,despite the delrin insulator.

I'm starting to wish mine was dead now, its doing my box in, I tried as Raguri suggested above, but it came out at 1ohm, so I tried a smaller scrog and still one ohm, so I thought, sod it, built a parallel 28awg, 6 wraps each, 0.5ohms, but that isn't as good as the single 0.5 on the vf,
I've got some other wires to play with but they go from 0-60 eventually,

All I want is a cloud,

Back
Top Bottom