What's new

TFV8 Question

John Ibbotson

Initiate
Evening All,

Purchased the TFV8 this morning for my Alien.

I have done everything it says to do in the manual but i don't seem to be getting any more clouds than with my Aspire Clieto.

I have tested them so they glow evenly, wicked them correctly, primed them etc.

I have the same juice on my Cleito and i have been switching them around and the Clieto is way smoother and i get more clouds ??? Confused.com

Any ideas on how and where i'm going wrong.

This is the first time i have used claptons and i think i may be missing something.

No, you haven't missed anything.

You're underrating the Cleito which is one of the best clearos around, and overrating the TFV8 which is one of the worst.

It's like upgrading from a BMW to a Ford Focus.

He says to the man who went from a 320d to a Focus ST.......lol

I'm going to try some different wicking techniques. I think i've been too conservative with the wick and its not burning properly.

Youtube is great !!

I'm hoping i can get it similar as i like the feel of the TFV8.

Something about it i like.

Same as everything Vape i suppose. You need to experiment and try things to see how they go.

I have both the TFV8 and 2 x Cleitos, honestly prefer the TFV8 for flavour and clouds.

Cleito has too much airflow (and quality issues) and I like the smooth resistance of TFV8.

What kinda watts you using and what juice?

I have Alien 220W so same setup, swapping tanks too but not with same juice. Usually have 3 different flavours on the go.....

I am assuming, although you haven't said so directly, that you have the TFV8 with the V8 RBA deck. If so, with a couple of good claptons and correct wicking, this can be run at up to 100w, with full airflow and will piss all over the cleito (not the Cleito 120) for sheer vapour production. It's not called the cloud beast for nothing. in comparison with the Cleito 120 (with the RBA deck), I would say it would still come out on top.

I've got a Cleito, Cleito 120 RBA, V8 and 2 x V12s, one T12 coils, one triple coil RBA..

Regarding just the clouds.. You probably need to turn the wattage up on the V8 to achieve more cloud..

As for flavour... Ive found different juices taste better in both..
My own DIY juice tastes better in the 120 RBA @ around 65-70w, whereas my favourite premade juice, JustJam Original Strawberry, tastes WAY more jammy in the V8 @ 140w or V12 @ 200-220w...

Dont believe all the 'V' naysayers, the V's are OK.. For my JustJam they're excellent, but not so much with my own juices...

If I added up all the different flavours i use, then the Cleito 120 RBA would be top for flavour, but dont dismiss the V8...

What coil are you using in the V8..??
I prefer the T10, but others the X4.. ?!?!

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

I've got a Cleito, Cleito 120 RBA, V8 and 2 x V12s, one T12 coils, one triple coil RBA..

Regarding just the clouds.. You probably need to turn the wattage up on the V8 to achieve more cloud..

Hi, as you have tried the RBA and the stock coils for the TFV12, which produces more clouds ? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom