What's new

Tank recommendation

vapemac

Veteran
As the title suggests I'm looking for a recommendation on a tank. At the moment I'm switching between a vapouriz sub tank nano and a sub tank lite. The nano is fine but it's a small tank and it needs constant refilling. The lite would be better but I dunno what the hell is going on with it just now. Every coil I put in is tasting burnt within a couple puffs. I use the fixed wattage box that came with it and it works fine with the nano. I've primed the coils and tried leaving the coil sitting in a tank full of juice all afternoon but it's still pretty awful. I dunno if the juice I'm using is too vg heavy so I've tried various mixes and still nothing.
I'm definately not at the point where I can build coils so I'm looking for something with cheap replaceable coils that can throw out big clouds and lots of flavour.

Can anyone help?

Ye'd think I'd get bored pulling the same stupid 'joke' on almost every post like this.
But Naw.
Sorry.
This is the best Tank you can get:
dsc_0499.jpg

It sounds like you need a tank/coils with bigger juice flow homes, for the high VG juice.

The Uwell Crown is a very popular, high-rated tank. And has good options for pre-made coils : and the coils have nice big juice flow holes.

Cleito is a good option (around £20). Handles higher VG juice no bother, coils come in 0.2 or 0.4 ohms and can be had for a little over £2 each (probably could be had cheaper from Fasttech). They reportedly last 2-4 weeks dependant on usage and last longer if you don't switch juices. Tank can drain quite quickly but it's to be expected as it chucks out the vapor & flavour. I've had mine 2 weeks and haven't had a single dry hit or any leaks. I'm probably going to purchase another.

Only problem I can see would be compatibility with your mod(?)

It sounds like you need a tank/coils with bigger juice flow homes, for the high VG juice

These tanks are supposedly built solely for max or high VG juice. The nano is fine for high VG juice but the lite isn't. I thought it might be down to wicking but it has larger juice flow holes and a parallel coil compared to the smaller holes and horizontal coil of the nano. The coil that came with it worked fine but the pack of lite coils I have bought since is useless.

Cleito is a good option (around £20). Handles higher VG juice no bother, coils come in 0.2 or 0.4 ohms and can be had for a little over £2 each (probably could be had cheaper from Fasttech). They reportedly last 2-4 weeks dependant on usage and last longer if you don't switch juices. Tank can drain quite quickly but it's to be expected as it chucks out the vapor & flavour. I've had mine 2 weeks and haven't had a single dry hit or any leaks. I'm probably going to purchase another.

Only problem I can see would be compatibility with your mod(?)
That's probably what I'm looking for. Good clouds, good flavour and coils that last. How would find out about compatibility?

the cleito and crown are some of the best tanks for flavor but as you have a fixed wattage mod me thinks you will need to upgrade that as well.
can you link to the battery you have.

if you do want to get better sub tanks then you mod will have to be a minimum of 50watts but the more the better.

something like this which is 70watts http://www.dnavapes.com/collections/variable-voltage-mods/products/cool-fire-iv-plus-mod-only

The idea would be to upgrade my box at some point. It's pretty basic. I bought something that was simple to use because I'm fairly new to the whole thing and I didn't want to run before I could walk.
On my phone at the moment so it's not easy to link in but I've got a vaporiz 40w vbox. I like the size of it for my little girl games hands haha so I wouldn't want anything too big. Battery life is ok but could be better. I do like the pen style mods

What about getting a rebuiladable with a velocity style deck and buying premade coils? like these https://www.fasttech.com/p/3351601 with some muji cotton work well.
That's a good inbetween step! Didn't know you could do that. Still not sure how safe I'd be with that stuff though. My knowledge of ohms law and anything like that is not great. Don't want to be one of those fanny's that ends up in the daily mail

Back
Top Bottom