What's new

Spending £10.00 on liquid a day, please help!!

Never mind droppers I've Been using the crown tank today with tc coil, great tank but got through almost 20ml with a couple fills on goblin mini also. I'm sick of filling it up, 1 thing it's made me realise I don't need the Smok tfv4. I might as well sell up on vaping gear and drink the stuff neat at the rate I've gone today. The Subtank mini out tomorrow for a steadier day[emoji36]

3ml a day? Now that is extreme. I get through that with my morning tea. I would guess 15ml is close to the average.

I hear you.

The truth is, we don't really know the long-term health consequences of vaping. Yes, I know that Dr Homunculus reckons it's at least 95% more healthy than freebasing Golden Virginia but I also know that doctors were recommending smoking as a cure for all ills not so long ago.
drbattys19thC-400x400.jpg

Nicotine seems to have been studied a lot more than PG, VG and flavourings in relation to human consumption and appears to be relatively harmless. It seems sensible to me then to maximise your intake of relatively safe products and minimise your intake of unknowns. Max your nic, minimise your overall liquid intake.

It's almost like all us ex-smokers have been brainwashed to believe that it's nicotine that's the problem with smoking and there's this kind of competitive race to get down from 24mg to 3mg as soon as possible. It doesn't seem to matter that people are now taking 20 to 30mls of liquid into their lungs each day because IT'S ONLY 3MG!!

Not saying I'm right and everybody else is wrong, I just think it's something else to be considered.

Maybe your right, all I know is when I was smoking 20 a day I was struggling for air if ran up a flight of stairs, I was wheezing at night in bed, I got pins and needles if I lay with arms above my head. the facts of smoking cigs proves it builds up a tar layer on lungs. Gives poor circulation around the body, It's found that theirs stupid amount of other chemicals within smoking cigs(some 2000 or something). Don't know about you but I'll take my chance. I know fries are bad from fast food but it doesn't stop me ordering large portion and adding sauce, generally what's in a vape is not different to what we consume within eating day to day. the reason I have 3mg Nic is because I like big draws and smoke production, if I could handle higher amounts with the style I like to smoke without it ripping my throat out I probably would. All I know is I feel a lot better even with high consumption than I ever did while on the cigs. Guess time will tell. [emoji1]

I hear you.

The truth is, we don't really know the long-term health consequences of vaping. Yes, I know that Dr Homunculus reckons it's at least 95% more healthy than freebasing Golden Virginia but I also know that doctors were recommending smoking as a cure for all ills not so long ago.
drbattys19thC-400x400.jpg

Nicotine seems to have been studied a lot more than PG, VG and flavourings in relation to human consumption and appears to be relatively harmless. It seems sensible to me then to maximise your intake of relatively safe products and minimise your intake of unknowns. Max your nic, minimise your overall liquid intake.

It's almost like all us ex-smokers have been brainwashed to believe that it's nicotine that's the problem with smoking and there's this kind of competitive race to get down from 24mg to 3mg as soon as possible. It doesn't seem to matter that people are now taking 20 to 30mls of liquid into their lungs each day because IT'S ONLY 3MG!!

Not saying I'm right and everybody else is wrong, I just think it's something else to be considered.

You're absolutely right. The headlong rush towards zero nic is very misguided, unless the intention is to give up vaping too.

The probability, based on what's already known, is that vaping will be almost harmless to most people, but having worked in a pharmacology lab for 13 years I know you can expect anything. It's guaranteed there will be a small number of people worse off vaping than smoking for reasons as yet unknown.

But I'm 56, I smoked for 40 years and I'm not going to worry about it. 30ml a day? Bring it on!

I'm not a scientist but common sense seems to point toward the fact that if they can find thousands of toxic chemicals in tobacco but struggle to find a handful in eliquid vaping seems to be the better option

But 30ml a day is a bit much personally I only use around 3ml to 6ml a day maybe a little more sometimes and thats on my griffin at 46w and 0.52omhs and I thought that was alot

Back
Top Bottom