What's new

Smoke Xcube 2 & TFv4

Hi just got these 2 and decided to go sub ohm. I have watched quite a few videos on setting this up. When in Temp or Watt mode on any wattage currently set to 50w my coil is 0.15 ohm, 50w, 2.75v coefficient is set to .006 nickel dual coil. I am using the quadruple coils.
The device powers up and not much vapour comes out less than my old svd 2.0 + Nautilus Aspire setup. I find the throat hit pretty bad and the base of the FTv4 gets very warm even after a few triggers. I have tried my Aspire Nautilus on the Smok xcube 2 and it works the same as on the svd 2.0 so no problems there. Can anyone help to try and get it working right?

Thanks in advance Dave

Hi just got these 2 and decided to go sub ohm. I have watched quite a few videos on setting this up. When in Temp or Watt mode on any wattage currently set to 50w my coil is 0.15 ohm, 50w, 2.75v coefficient is set to .006 nickel dual coil. I am using the quadruple coils.
The device powers up and not much vapour comes out less than my old svd 2.0 + Nautilus Aspire setup. I find the throat hit pretty bad and the base of the FTv4 gets very warm even after a few triggers. I have tried my Aspire Nautilus on the Smok xcube 2 and it works the same as on the svd 2.0 so no problems there. Can anyone help to try and get it working right?

Thanks in advance Dave

Your wattage is much too low, the quad coil doesn't even wake up till 60. I use it on 80 watts for vaping and 120 for showing off.

Thanks in advance Dave

If you are using the stock quad coil that came with the TFV4 then it's Kanthal and you need to run it in Wattage mode, at 50w you should get pretty decent clouds out of it - only thing I can suggest is make sure you haven't made the muppet mistake I did at Vapefest and closed the airflow off by accident when fiddling with the tank...

If you are using the stock quad coil that came with the TFV4 then it's Kanthal and you need to run it in Wattage mode, at 50w you should get pretty decent clouds out of it - only thing I can suggest is make sure you haven't made the muppet mistake I did at Vapefest and closed the airflow off by accident when fiddling with the tank...

Hi thanks for the help guys much appreciated. I tried 80 watts and still not much vapour and base of the TFv4 gets real hot. Barely possible to vape off hot and harsh throat hit but not dry.

I also tried 50w on wattage mode same difference. I also tried a new quadruple coil out of the 5 pack its the same. Must be the atomiser itself but not much to go wrong with those?
As I said before my nautilus aspire works on the Xcube 2 fine at 12watts :)

Looks like Atomiser problem somewhere or possibly Xcube 2 I updated to 1.08 firmware by the way.

Cheers Dave

As has already been said - your wattage is too low. Put the TFV4 on the mod and select new coil if it asks (This is one of the new updates for firmware 1.08). Then press the fire button and - together to get it in watt mode. Press the fire button and + to change the effect to "Norm" and then pump it up to around 90 watts. It is gonna get hot, but should give ample vapour.

I couldn't get on with either the quad or triple coil myself, taste wasn't there. Much preferring the rebuildable head.

Hi thanks for the help guys much appreciated. I tried 80 watts and still not much vapour and base of the TFv4 gets real hot. Barely possible to vape off hot and harsh throat hit but not dry.

I also tried 50w on wattage mode same difference. I also tried a new quadruple coil out of the 5 pack its the same. Must be the atomiser itself but not much to go wrong with those?
As I said before my nautilus aspire works on the Xcube 2 fine at 12watts :)

Looks like Atomiser problem somewhere or possibly Xcube 2 I updated to 1.08 firmware by the way.

Cheers Dave
My first one got too hot to touch had to get it swapped for a new one.

That was at 50w just a few vapes, got red hot at the base then all over.

New ones going well apart from the psychotic spitting at times [emoji23] [emoji33] [emoji100]

wth.....

so you will not help someone unless they run it at a temp that they have already mentioned means that the device gets hot

this forum is better than that....

This tank really only performs over 80w, so it will make sense to try that first..

The TV is a awesome tank. You Really have to crank the watts up.
If its getting hot. Pull harder, to allow more airflow to cool the coils..

Becareful, that tank guzzels juice more then a hummer!!

Dunno why people are saying that you need to run it at 80W. It can handle 80W just fine but I find it too hot for my liking so I run it at about 50W, still getting massive vapour and taste.

It sounds like you are running it in TC mode, the quad coil is not TC so it won't work. Also it took me a few hours to break the coil in, I was getting some harsh flavours and little vapour at first but then just kept using it and it kinda improved over time.

Back
Top Bottom