What's new

Purple efests

Dagger

Achiever
Hi guys.

I know this has been touched on a million times but is there a definitive answer....

Purple efests, are they what they actually say they are?

I have read lots about efest just re branding generic batteries and they aren't exactly what they claim too be etcetc

I bought my 2500mah 35a 18650 purple efests from myepack so have no problem with where they came from, just wondering if there's a definitive answer to the question, efests, good or bad.

Have just coiled my igo w to 0.25 and am a bit nervous about firing it at the moment!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Hi guys.

I know this has been touched on a million times but is there a definitive answer....

I have read lots about efest just re branding generic batteries and they aren't exactly what they claim too be etcetc

I bought my 2500mah 35a 18650 purple efests from myepack so have no problem with where they came from, just wondering if there's a definitive answer to the question, efests, good or bad.

Have just coiled my igo w to 0.25 and am a bit nervous about firing it at the moment!

LG 20 amp cells underneath. But don't you worry. I've fired a 0.1 build on them for a day at vf, and they still held up better than vct4

Hi guys.

Tested Here, you should be fine @ 0.25.

Test of Efest IMR18650 2500mAh (Purple) 2014

ahh ok, so they are rebranded then.

I've done a dual 5wrap parallel .3 on 2mm drill bit in an igo w sitting on a hcigar nemesis clone, its reading 0.25 on my meter, should be safe to go then yeah?

Also, seeing as it's not actually a 35a battery, what actually is the lowest I can go before things start getting dodgy?

there are a handful of companies that actually manufacture batteries. Lots of companies rebrand them.

AW are rebranded cells and are *very* good for example.

EFest purple 35A cells are either rewrapped Sony VTC4s or LG cells and are rated to 20A continuous discharge current - the 35A they put on the wrapper refers to the pulse rating.

If you're using builds less than about 0.3ohm then there is no way in hell you ought to be using any batteries that are less than a tenner each.

A good rule of thumb when working out what you can safely run is to cut the manufacturers amp rating in half. (for any battery)

If it says 30A on the tin don't go over 15A in practice.

You can easily work out what amps your build will draw if you know the resistance of the coil (always assume voltage is 4.2) using an ohms law calculator like this one.

Also bear in mind that most ohm meters aren't super super accurate, and accuracy falls off the lower you go so assume you're +/- 0.1ohm on readings.

good rule of thumb #2

If you fire any build and the switch or the mod start to get hot - STOP USING IT and rebuild the coil.

Last edited:
there are a handful of companies that actually manufacture batteries. Lots of companies rebrand them.

AW are rebranded cells and are *very* good for example.

EFest purple 35A cells are either rewrapped Sony VTC4s or LG cells and are rated to 20A continuous discharge current - the 35A they put on the wrapper refers to the pulse rating.

If you're using builds less than about 0.3ohm then there is no way in hell you ought to be using any batteries that are less than a tenner each.

A good rule of thumb when working out what you can safely run is to cut the manufacturers amp rating in half. (for any battery)

If it says 30A on the tin don't go over 15A in practice.

You can easily work out what amps your build will draw if you know the resistance of the coil (always assume voltage is 4.2) using an ohms law calculator like this one.

Also bear in mind that most ohm meters aren't super super accurate, and accuracy falls off the lower you go so assume you're +/- 0.1ohm on readings.

good rule of thumb #2

If you fire any build and the switch or the mod start to get hot - STOP USING IT and rebuild the coil.

Some really helpful info here, thanx!

Yeah, thanks VaperCaper and everyone else for the info. I know its been answered probably a million times before but its nice to get all the info collated all in one page, quite a lot of contradictory answers knocking about when searching old threads

VTCs are much better.

Personally I will not be getting any more Efest products (have had 11 batteries & 1 charger) my biggest gripe is the wilfully misleading claims of current rating on the Purple batteries, IMO it is confusing, cynical marketing, without justification and potentially dangerous.

In the past I found the latest version of the LUC4 charger to be very poor, inconsistent between channels, inconsistent in general, a couple of times didn't terminate charging and it often overcharged and I returned it as I didn't feel safe using it (I tested it a lot for over a week). I have had 9 red 18350 from three different batches that were all very different in terms of sag under load, capacity and working life, one batch had shocking low life span. The red 18500 were OK, so far.

Whats the difference between vtc4 & 5? And what is it about sonys that sets them apart from efest?

Love Peace Vape

Back
Top Bottom