What's new

Noob coil maker needs help

JumpinJack

Hey guys,

In need of some advice. Been building coils for a few months now. Nothing special just usually fused claptons. But looking into making some other coils but everything I seem to make ohms out stupidly low.

An example of this is I made a quad core fused clapton using 24g SS316 and 40g Nichrome 80. Made a 4 wrap around a 2.5mm pole and it ohms out at 0.06ohm. I see loads of cool builds but when I try and make them myself they just come out way too low for me to even dare use without damaging my batteries and mods.

Looking for what kinds of wire people recommend when making the fancier coils (Aliens, Multicore Claptons & so on)

Cheers :)

I make it shoukd be 0.198 hava you removed any hotspots? Try using a coil calc app first or steam engine to gove you expected ohm when finished

You're using a too thicker gauge for thoughts types of builds, if you're wanting to do a 4 core build then go with 28g, 6 wrap, 3mm id, will ohm out to around 0.18 dual coil

Also if youre talking about the types of builds you see on instagram, the majority of those are just for the picture, theyre not safe to vape

Thank you Smut for the info. I did wonder if it was just down to the gauge of wire. So does it matter what kind of wire it is ? Will that make any difference to the final ohms or is it just mainly down to the size of the wire ?

Thank you Smut for the info. I did wonder if it was just down to the gauge of wire. So does it matter what kind of wire it is ? Will that make any difference to the final ohms or is it just mainly down to the size of the wire ?

Not only size, all of the coil materials are different resistance per metre of wire.

Things that haven't been mentioned.

Less wraps = lower ohms
Smaller ID = lower ohms
More cores= lower ohms
More coils= lower ohms

Unless you have a good chip in your mod like a DNA or are using a coilmaster tab the chances are your device is reading the ohms higher than what they actually are.

Also incase you didn't know, the outer wrap makes no difference to resistance.

I love using stainless wire for all my builds but as the others have said use a coil calculator! And if in doubt add a wrap or 2 to your coils even with the coil calculator

My pot of wire builds that I've made all I wrap 6 times but I always check them on my regulated mod before I even consider them for any of my mechs
20180302_191957.jpg

Back
Top Bottom