What's new

Newbie mini review of: Aspire sub ohm CF battery + Kanger subohm tank/atty and 1.2ohm

bhoot

Postman
Hello Peoples,

I managed to do some impulse shopping and got myself Aspire sub ohm CF battery + 2x Kanger sub ohm tanks. I wanted to try sub ohm in the most simple and easy way possible. Also wanted a bigger tank for my ileaf istick 20v.

Aspire CF sub ohm. Bought the official aspire charger and charged up the CF.
Preparing the Kanger. SubOhm (SO) coil was already installed so wicked it very well and then filled up the liquid. Let the vapology double flavour 60VG 6mg coconut (steeped for 5 days) sit in the tank for 10 minutes and finally got to SO-vaping.
Initial Experience.
1. The vape was extremely warm but not dry or burnt initially.
2. I take shorter pulls on this. Very warm pulls.
3. Tried all three kanger air holes. Left it at 1 hole.
4. Then switched my attention to other Kanger.

Kanger subohm tank 1.2ohms + ileaf istack 20w
1. Wicked very well + filled juice. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
= Very dry hit first time.
= repeated burnt hits
= gave up on the kanger + ileaf.

I then went back to the aspire CF + kanger subohm coil.
= still very warm. Went to 3 vent holes in tank. No difference. At this point the ileaft kanger tank was leaking. I then went and left it all and played some COD AW campaign on hard mode.

I came back to everything after around 2 hours.

Apire CF + Kanger sub ohm
1. VERY FREEKIN AWESOME!!!
= the inhale was warm but not overly so
= short pulls were very good and did not feel like I was missing something
= Flavour of vapology coconut...the flavour hit me for the first time very hard. Excellent.

ileaf + kanger 1.2 ohm coil with G2vapor pineapple 6mg.
- Took the tank apart and reseated the bottom water seal.
1. The subohm coconut was a first time everything including the juice.
= Kanger flavour is easily better compared to my naturevape (NV) midi and mini tanks with Gizmo, ego Twist or ileaf.
= ileaf + NV midi (1.4ohm coil) with G2vapor pineapple is very nice
= ileaf + kanger 1.2ohm coil with G2vapore completely changed my perspective of flavours. Its much stronger taste and feel very clean and smooth

Summary
Aspire CF battery. Simple easy way to try out sub ohm vaping. Does the job and does look very nice. Battery life is decent enough for a home vape device for me, though I really dig to the sub ohm inhale. Its very good.
Kanger sub tanks. I have 2x in 0.5 and 1.2 ohms. Cannot fault them. When my tank leaked I knew instantly its was not the glass of the bottom base part as the engineering on these is pretty solid. You can tell when you simply hold it and use it. I absolutely like the coils, for someone like me is not interested in RTA/RBAs at the moment, very nice. The 6ml tank is plain awesome...no seriously...once I've finished vaping the G2vapor pineapple, it will have to get my primary juice which is mystic juice artic ice menthol.
I did not have the perfect vaping experience initially but I am a fan of subohm and more importantly of the kanger tank.
Once thing I have noticed is that a lot reviews talking about the look of the mod and the tank being 25mm. I put it on my ileaf and not bothered in the slightest, tank looks an alpha male tank.
The 25mm-22mm beauty ring converter that you got with the kanger did not play nice with my ileaf, no problems on the aspire CF. Ring goes on the ileaf but can cause problems when unscrewing and loosening the tank itself.
For ileaf owners - simple rule. Do not over tighten the kanger tank. I screwed the kanger in full and it was not detected and the ileaf 510 thread was flooded. I then cleaned and switched on the ileaf and screwed in until it detected it, just turned a bit more and left it - it will not screw off and will not leak either and not rattle or movements...its solid.

NV tanks. I have 2x mid and 1x mini tanks. Brilliant vape tanks but every single one of these tanks leaks in my gizmo 24mm, ileaf and ego. Kangers so far have been really good, once my kanger tank water seal issue was fixed, both my tanks have been brilliant.

Very happy overall with aspire CF and kanger tanks. Now...really need to buy some replacement 1.2 ohms coils...cannot find them anywhere in the UK.

I bought the kangers for £35 each am very happy with it. Finally...clouds. Kanger subohm 0.5 with short pulls still gives out a lot of smoke and direct inhales are plane fun on this. Kanger 1.2 ohms is very very nice, full nice clouds and flavour on all accounts is all good.

just wanted to give my experience on what happened and hope someone finds it useful.

Update. Saga of the leak.

One of my Kanger tanks is leaking. The shop I bought it from wont take it back and exchange it or offer a refund.
As I have 2x kanger subohm tanks I did the simple thing and just compared the two visually from and spotted the issue. The leak is from the from bottom of the tank, where the glass cylinder seals with the base red o-ring, which is not visible when the tank is screwed closed. The glass cylinder is cut unevenly and there is a gap, is very slight, I can slide a toilet paper sheet into it. The leak itself is very slow but it does leak 100%.

My other tank which is running like demon, have on an Aspire CF subohm battery and it plain rocks. Absolutely diamond.

I've contacted kanger and see what happens. Will update on my progress.

Update 26/12/14. So ukcigstore boxing day sale...picked up another 2x tanks for £19. I might have 2x leaking tanks but the space, build and everything else suits me. Now...if my 2 new tanks also leak then I'll be less than pleased...think positive...think..6ml...oooo....the ml's...the ml's are coming...

Last edited:
Total newbie question - can you use the. CF SubOhm battery with the 1.2ohm coil? I bought the SubOhm and SubTank together but am a bit unsure if I can use anything other the the 0.5ohm coil as it lists 0.3-1.0 as the range on the battery. Any idea?

Back
Top Bottom