What's new

Mesh Wick in a dripper.

It's easier in a dripper to put the mesh thro' the ready built coil.
This I have discovered!!
Just watch on how you bend the mesh straw down to the juice wells, you can get frakking hotspots or touch the -ve post. Grr.
What dripper you using?

Coil around the mesh is again for gennys.

I've got TOBH, CLT, Veritas, Little boy and others, UMM something with space to build in. I'll try the TOBH first, cos I want to test my juice in that one, it needs a new build and I dont mind if I melt it. Unless you think otherwise.

Hmmmm mesh in the Veritas now there's an idea, salute the person that thought of this thread

I've got TOBH, CLT, Veritas, Little boy and others, UMM something with space to build in. I'll try the TOBH first, cos I want to test my juice in that one, it needs a new build and I dont mind if I melt it. Unless you think otherwise.
DannyK - off to find a Veritas and see how it works!!
tonystr - Aye, Tobh. Try that. Then go buy some decent drippers like the Mephisto, Derringer and Mutation X....:D
I expect pictures of what happens. Unless it goes pear shaped, in which case it wasnae me, canna prove it, big boy did it and ran away....

tonystr - Aye, Tobh. Try that. Then go buy some decent drippers like the Mephisto, Derringer and Mutation X....:D
I expect pictures of what happens. Unless it goes pear shaped, in which case it wasnae me, canna prove it, big boy did it and ran away....

When I'm at the desk tomorrow bored senseless by the endless spreadsheets I have to get my head round I will try a simple vertical coil with mesh and silica.

OK will do the TOBH 1st cos I hate it. Also got a Mephi and Derringer from FT arrived today!

When I'm at the desk tomorrow bored senseless by the endless spreadsheets I have to get my head round I will try a simple vertical coil with mesh and silica.

Did u build the veritas?

Found some mesh that came with a veritas i got from ft. I worked out how to make a curved wick in SS, so waiting for the real stuff to arrive. Will post here. Got an igo w8+ coming will try that too.

Did u build the veritas?

Found some mesh that came with a veritas i got from ft. I worked out how to make a curved wick in SS, so waiting for the real stuff to arrive. Will post here. Got an igo w8+ coming will try that too.

Not got round to it yet :(

Will try and get build done over the weekend.

Right I finally got round to this......

Unfortunately you can't really see much from the images but I can say it tastes cleaner and seems to have more throat hit to it.

Runs warmer too but it would do being mesh.
Keeping it simple just a single horizontal 0.4 kanthal 3mm diameter coming out at 1.01ohm

Mesh wrapped round silica which is hanging out the base of the mesh to mop up the well.

It's working well, done the same in the Aris too just to try and equally as good.

Attachments

• 1426527975021.jpg
    1426527975021.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 52
  • 1426527991252.jpg
    1426527991252.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 50
  • 1426528009225.jpg
    1426528009225.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom