What's new

Looking for a new mod

EchoZ

Initiate
Hi all,

I am currently using a SMOK Priv V8 with the baby beast tank that comes with it. I tend to stick to the 0.25ohm coils that came stock with the tank and so far am loving it, although the juices I have been using tend to be coil killers, I'm really enjoying the vape from it.

Christmas is around the corner, and due to my little bit of geekiness with vaping the misses is buying me a fancy mod for christmas.

Currently she has been looking in a B&M store she goes, and has seen either the SMOK T-Priv or SMOK G-Priv, she could only tell me price (£80ish), that is had metal on it and was a bigger version SMOK.

So I'm wondering, sticking to the SMOK range, for someone who is rather happy with a mod with no TC but now would like to advance onto this, which you would prefer.

Specs wise, they both look rather similar other than aesthetics. I am however leaning towards the G-Priv as the big touchscreen looks rather cool.

Hi all,

I am currently using a SMOK Priv V8 with the baby beast tank that comes with it. I tend to stick to the 0.25ohm coils that came stock with the tank and so far am loving it, although the juices I have been using tend to be coil killers, I'm really enjoying the vape from it.

Christmas is around the corner, and due to my little bit of geekiness with vaping the misses is buying me a fancy mod for christmas.

Currently she has been looking in a B&M store she goes, and has seen either the SMOK T-Priv or SMOK G-Priv, she could only tell me price (£80ish), that is had metal on it and was a bigger version SMOK.

So I'm wondering, sticking to the SMOK range, for someone who is rather happy with a mod with no TC but now would like to advance onto this, which you would prefer.

Specs wise, they both look rather similar other than aesthetics. I am however leaning towards the G-Priv as the big touchscreen looks rather cool.
Hi, and welcome to the Planet.
You'd better don't start your journey here with question about SMOK as we have a "few" haters of this particular Chinese cowboys gathering of a company... lol
As for me G-PRIV is cool looking mod and T-PRIV I'm not keen on.
new G-PRIV looks and feels even better but I can't justify difference in price, if i'm honest.

I was 60 for a T-Priv with a big baby beasthe but I've seen them for less online. Personally it will be my last Smoking mod I think, the 510 pin on it went wrong in a week. I had a beast king on it and for whatever reason, it just started spinning. Wouldn't tighten or come off but they swapped it no questions asked and said there had been a few like this.

I've looked at a few Wismec ones on Fasttech that look pretty good but decided to go with a few squonkers and change my other mods over to RDAS but this was what I was going to get.

https://m.fasttech.com/products/302...hentic-wismec-reuleaux-rx-gen3-300w-tc-vw-apv

Hi, and welcome to the Planet.
You'd better don't start your journey here with question about SMOK as we have a "few" haters of this particular Chinese cowboys gathering of a company... lol
Haters going to hate and all that lol. Same with most thinks I find vaping to totally be subjective and each has their own tastes.

I'm a bit 50/50 on if I like the T-Priv or not, the G-Priv when the screens on, or when it's in stealth mode look.

I mean if anyone has advice to say they believe a mod is better than any of the SMOKs by all means post it and I'll look!!

Was also debating about maybe getting a rebuildable tank so I can coil and wick myself... But I have no idea where to start to be fair and don't want to take a chance on something that might not work

I was 60 for a T-Priv with a big baby beasthe but I've seen them for less online. Personally it will be my last Smoking mod I think, the 510 pin on it went wrong in a week. I had a beast king on it and for whatever reason, it just started spinning. Wouldn't tighten or come off but they swapped it no questions asked and said there had been a few like this.

I've looked at a few Wismec ones on Fasttech that look pretty good but decided to go with a few squonkers and change my other mods over to RDAS but this was what I was going to get.

https://m.fasttech.com/products/302...hentic-wismec-reuleaux-rx-gen3-300w-tc-vw-apv
Ahhh I've actually seen a lad at work that has one of these, recognise it by the shape (unless there are other mods that are similar) He blows major clouds

I've had the original G-Pviv (there's a new version now) for 11 months, so far it's never missed a beat and seems to be rock solid. I do think the touch screen is a bit of a gimmick, it doesn't do anything my other mods can do, nearly as quick. I have never taken it out of the house - if it ever hits the ground I think it would be game over.

I've had the original G-Pviv (there's a new version now) for 11 months, so far it's never missed a beat and seems to be rock solid. I do think the touch screen is a bit of a gimmick, it doesn't do anything my other mods can do, nearly as quick. I have never taken it out of the house - if it ever hits the ground I think it would be game over.
Part of my problem is this is going to be main vape, inside & outside house. Granted I have never dropped the Priv V8 yet and I'm usually quite good about being careful.

I've seen the G-Priv 2, from the reviews seems to literally just be some tidy up on the user interface and not much else different

Part of my problem is this is going to be main vape, inside & outside house. Granted I have never dropped the Priv V8 yet and I'm usually quite good about being careful.

I've seen the G-Priv 2, from the reviews seems to literally just be some tidy up on the user interface and not much else different

Have you had a look at the voopoo drag (I know real crap name). It comes in a range of finishes, so looks quite cool. It's a bit like Irn-Bru, it's made out of girders, as in its well built and sturdy. It has a good chip in it, the response time from hitting the fire button is nano seconds. Finally it's not a Smok and should last a good while (I know, I own a Smok, but only one out of about 15).

I have a love hate relarionship with smok. When they work they work well but some just seem to let go. Cost effective and the tanks arent half bad but plenty better options out there

Back
Top Bottom