What's new

Dumb Upgrading Question

Alseyn Balveda

Initiate
I'm seriously considering massively upgrading my current Reuleaux RX2/3 + Avocado 24 setup for a Goon LP RDA + SGS Half Copper setup. The chap in my local vape shop had the mod and was chucking insane clouds and I got jealous. Was already intending buying the Goon, but is the SGS mod a good choice? I've read a fair amount regarding their built in safety regarding battery venting.

I'm seriously considering massively upgrading my current Reuleaux RX2/3 + Avocado 24 setup for a Goon LP RDA + SGS Half Copper setup. The chap in my local vape shop had the mod and was chucking insane clouds and I got jealous. Was already intending buying the Goon, but is the SGS mod a good choice? I've read a fair amount regarding their built in safety regarding battery venting.

$350? I guess it should be ok. Looks pretty ugly to me but I'm a numpty. Are you all clued up on Ohms law and shit?

$350? I guess it should be ok. Looks pretty ugly to me but I'm a numpty. Are you all clued up on Ohms law and shit?
I can be, did physics A level 30 years ago. I can learn. I think it looks gorgeous. Having seen my local vape shop owner actually blow "vape rings" with his, I can't help myself. Still keep my Reuleaux/Avocado as my go to combo though (might swap the Avocado for a Goon, not sure I need to).

Sounds like you need to learn to build and wick the avocado a bit better rather than lashing out a load of money for a new mod and being disappointed because your normal build doesn't chuck the clouds.

I learned to build on a clone mutation and a crappy kanger box mod and could chuck massive clouds if I chose to.

I reckon it might be worth getting the goon tho, and just sticking that on your reuleaux. You'll benefit from the control of a regulated mod and the airflow of the dripper.

you've got a 200w mod so you should get plenty big enough clouds to blow rings, I've got an advocado and with a good build on it get massive clouds at around 80w so I would save your money for now on the mod, get a goon and some wires and try some different builds first or you could be disappointed with an expensive mod.

Blowing vape rings is a skill, granted having something that can throw out clouds is handy, but the skill of it shouldn't be overlooked, people who can do it can do it using even small amounts of vape (fair enough not like the comp boys and girls can - that shits just insane)
I've never been able to do rings - even when I smoked. I just look like a fish blowing out a cloud

Honestly I Doubt theres really anything you can do with a mech you couldn't do with the 2/3 and the right atty/build

I'm with everyone else on this, theres no need to go buying an expensive new mod, The Goon will work just fine on the RX2/3, i fact it may well be better sat on there. The clouds really are more to do with the build, wick and juice than they are the mod - The Avocado should be able to give a decent cloud, the Goon certainly can but you'll needa good build in either of them to get that cloud.
Have a look at some cuilding tutorials, possibly pick up some pre made Claptons or one of the other fancy coil types and invest in some decent cotton and high VG juice - you should be creating your own personal fog bank in no time...

My other half has been vaping for a couple of weeks. He's currently blowing o rings at 10 watts with 50/50 e liquid. I'm not kidding either.

Back
Top Bottom