What's new

Dark Horse - coil recommendations

EmbraSewerRat

Veteran
Howdy,

So, any recommendations for coil builds on a Dark Horse Dripper?
I tried a couple when I got the dashed thing and it was ok for clouds using a cheap high VG juice, but trying to get a bit of flavour of off better quality juice was difficult.
I'm usually on single coils of 0.5 or 0.45 wire on the Mephisto or dual coils on a Mutation X.

Howdy,

So, any recommendations for coil builds on a Dark Horse Dripper?
I tried a couple when I got the dashed thing and it was ok for clouds using a cheap high VG juice, but trying to get a bit of flavour of off better quality juice was difficult.
I'm usually on single coils of 0.5 or 0.45 wire on the Mephisto or dual coils on a Mutation X.

I've tried various coils on my dark horse, twisted/clapton/parallel wires/dragon etc etc...

Of all the coils the one I keep going back to for flavour is simply 24 gauge wrapped 12 times around a 3mm driver... brings it to 1.1 ohms (or there abouts)...
Using the 24 gauge makes the coil long so increases surface area... fits nicely in the dark horse...
Vaping on a DNA50 clone at 22 watts... produces the perfect taste and vapour for me.

IMG_20150114_132037.jpg

Dual parallels with .3 kanthal- I have mine set up at 0.2 ohm at it absolutely chucks

Single parallel 0.5 ohms . lovely vape.

Funnily enough, guess what I put in the damned thing couple of days ago???

0.45mm wire, 4/5 wraps and finally getting somewhere with the DH.

It was days away from getting traded....

Ive had the same build in there for the month I have had it. Just hits the spot for me.

Ive had the same build in there for the month I have had it. Just hits the spot for me.
I was going to be using it more today, but made a Clapton coil or 2 for my Mephistos, so once again the DH is languishing on the mantle.

I'd tried dual and single coils that usually work so well in the Meph or Mut.X, but nothing was doing it. Wasting juice and patience, until the parallel idea popped into the last brain cell.

Dual parallel coil 26g 7 wraps comes on at 0.26. Airholes closed off slightly and then can vape away. Dual Parallel seems to be the build of choice.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423254072.267601.jpg

Back
Top Bottom