What's new

confused

bomb

Postman
i might sound stupid saying this but i was in my local vape shop today and was looking at the kanthal, i thought for thicker wire it was a lower gauge? they had some really thick stuff saying it was 60 gauge, but wherever i look the thick stuff is allot lower?:imstupid

no the guage in the UK is MM... so 0.20 is obviously thinner that 0.6

what you may be confusing it with is the US based AWG which is arse about face and should be ignored
0.6mm kanthal is 20 awg
0.15mm kanthal is 34.5AWG
stick with the mm guage.. bog standard for most people is between 0.26 - 0.32 but for cloud chasers they like the thicker wire as the thicker it is the lower the ohms per metre.
a very thin wire like 0.15 is around 60 ohms per metre a thick .60mm wire is around 5 ohms per metre

Last edited:
no the guage in the UK is MM... so 0.20 is obviously thinner that 0.6

what you may be confusing it with is the US based AWG which is arse about face and should be ignored
0.6mm kanthal is 20 awg
0.15mm kanthal is 34.5AWG
stick with the mm guage.. bog standard for most people is between 0.26 - 0.32 but for cloud chasers they like the thicker wire as the thicker it is the lower the ohms per metre.
a very thin wire like 0.15 is around 60 ohms per metre a thick .60mm wire is around 5 ohms per metre
ok thank you for that i have been using .30 for a while now and wanted to experiment with different thicknesses

Back
Top Bottom