Sub-Ohm Warning!

Readers who are building very low ohm coils must be aware of the risks in regards to batteries and inhalation.
Please read THIS POST for more information.

POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Coil ramp up time.

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasing & Sub Ohming' started by marcus-mulisha, Sep 4, 2014.

1. marcus-mulisha

marcus-mulisha Postman

I've built a dual, 28, 7 wraps around a 3mm screwdriver. It seem to take a while to glow, not forever :) but it takes time. Is this normal for the gauge wire and if I go for 26, 24 will the ramp up be quicker?

2. E-liquids.com
  3. IrishHobo

IrishHobo Postman

Lower gauge wire takes longer to both heat up and cool off. If you want a shorter heat up time try single coil parallel build and if you need more ramp it up to a dual.

4. marcus-mulisha

marcus-mulisha Postman

Will give that a try bud :)

5. Vapable
  6. marcus-mulisha

marcus-mulisha Postman

The coil takes around 4 seconds to glow, is that average for a dual, 28 gauge build?

7. Audiopsyence

Audiopsyence Achiever

That seems a long time... 1... 2... 3... 4... yeah, ages. I'm just about done tooting by then :)

Batteries all is decent nick?

8. marcus-mulisha

marcus-mulisha Postman

That is from a cold coil, once it's hot it glows pretty much instantly :)

9. stryker

stryker Postman

Comparing my hana dna30 to a mech mod the mech mod does take longer to heat the coil.... the higher voltage provided by a variable wattage device drives the current harder into the coil.

10. fasteddie600

fasteddie600 Mod Maker

Sounds to me like not enough power to heat that coil effectively, What is your resistance and what are you running it on?

I would try taking a couple of wraps off the coils if you are using a mech with good batteries.

11. StuPot

StuPot Achiever

I'm guessing that's coming out around 1.4 Ohm? If that's the only wire you have, try more wraps with a smaller diameter. When I used to be restricted to 1.2 ohm by my Vamo I found nana coils to be quite impressive for the speed they glowed.

12. Diche

Diche Veteran

In my rather limited experience I would say that is quite a large diameter for that gauge of wire. You might be better looking at some slightly thinner wire to reach your target ohms allowing a smaller diameter coil. I have been working on this a lot in the last week or so trying to work out what the best diameter wire is going to be for each of my preferred set ups. It is a fine balance between ramp up time and surface area to create the ideal vape.